NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: ENTRANTS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIAPTING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. This sweepstakes will begin at 6:00 p.m. ET on January 1, 2014 and end at 6:00 p.m. ET on February 14, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, upload a video or photograph (collectively, “Entry”) using #AboutLastNightBET onto your Instagram registered account depicting your About Last Night story. Entrants should upload his/her Entry according to the following themes as follows*:
-New Year’s Eve: January 1-7, 2014
-A Wingman: January 8-14, 2014
-Love – January 15-21, 2014
-Mistakes – January 22-28, 2014
-Valentine’s Day – January 29-February 14, 2014
Entries must be received every Tuesday by 11:59 p.m. ET. *Limited to one (1) entry per person per week/theme. Log on to www.bet.com/AboutLastNightBETrules to view Official Rules.
Entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
(i) Must be up to fifteen seconds (00:15) in length if a video;
(ii) Must feature entrant only;
(iii) Must include the #AboutLastNightBET; and
(iv) Must not include any background music, trademarks, logos, profanity, sexually explicit, obscene, dangerous or derogatory material.
Sponsor (defined in Section 9 below) assumes no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or mobile phone carrier/service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the sweepstakes in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. Should the sweepstakes be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4 below) will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 21 YEARS OR OLDER as of January 1, 2014. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC, Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, Inc., and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter. This sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
3. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: An eligible entry must be received as described above. Incomplete entries are void. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. To enter, your device must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology (now known or hereafter devised or discovered), which may be used by Sponsor for the purposes
4. PRIZE: One (1) weekly winner (“Weekly Winner(s)”) will receive a gift card valued at One Hundred Dollars ($100.00). Actual Total Retail Value $500.00. One (1) grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will receive a 3 day/2 night trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, California. The prize package includes: (i) roundtrip coach class airfare from the closest major gateway airport nearest the Winner’s residence to Los Angeles; (ii) hotel accommodations for two (2) nights at a hotel selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion (one (1) double occupancy room, room and tax only); (iii) roundtrip ground transportation while in Los Angeles to and from the airport and hotel; (iv) Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) spending money; and (v) dinner for two (2) at a restaurant in Los Angeles selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate retail value $4,900.00. The approximate retail value depends on the Winner’s place of residence.
The grand prize package (hereinafter referred to as the “Grand Prize”) does not include any ground transportation to and from the Winner’s residence and airport, meals, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Any federal and state taxes on the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize has no cash redemption value and travel must be completed by June 30, 2014. The Grand Prize Winner must notify Sponsor thirty (30) days in advance of selected travel dates and once travel booked, the Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any fees incurred arising out of any changes to the itinerary. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed. The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: One (1) Weekly Winner will be randomly selected and announced on or about every Wednesday from among all eligible entries received during the relevant Sweepstakes Period except the Weekly Winner for the last week will be randomly selected and announced on or about February 18, 2014. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected on or
about February 18, 2014 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the winners in its sole discretion whose decision is final and binding. Sponsor will notify the potential winners by phone and/or e-mail, and social media direct messaging immediately following selection.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Weekly Winners, Grand Prize Winner, and his/her travel companion will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release and any other required documents within five (5) days of notification. Failure to return these documents, if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if unavailable to travel by the deadline specified herein will result in entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The winners agree to grant to the Released Parties and their licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, their submission, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by the Released Parties. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, the Released Parties may in their sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which the Released Parties, in their sole discretion, deem appropriate for the winners to each appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the winners agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, and their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSOR, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES,
REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY COMPUTER, TECHNICAL, TELEPHONE, CABLE, NETWORK, SATELLITE, ELECTRONIC OR INTERNET HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, CONNECTIONS, AVAILABILITY, OR GARBLED OR JUMBLED TRANSMISSIONS, OR MOBILE PHONE CARRIER/SERVICE PROVIDER/INTERNET/WEBSITE/USE NET ACCESSIBILITY OR AVAILABILITY, TRAFFIC CONGESTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION, DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the sweepstakes at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNERS’S LIST: For the name of the winners, available after March 4, 2014, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “#AboutLastNight BET Sweepstakes” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information.
9. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.
CTMG is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and is not responsible for the collection, submission, or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, or the selection of winners.