“BET Honors 2014 Sweepstakes Presented By Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions), 21 YEARS OR OLDER as of November 27, 2013. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC (the “Sponsor”), The Weinstein Company, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter. This sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: This sweepstakes begins at 6:00 p.m. ET on November 27, 2013 and ends at 6:00 p.m. ET on December 27, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, fill-out and submit the entry form found at www.bet.com/MandelaBETHonors2014. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the sweepstakes in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. Should the sweepstakes be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4) will nevertheless be awarded from among eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person.
4. PRIZE: One (1) winner (“Winner”) will receive a 3 day/2 night trip for two (2) to the “BET Honors” scheduled on February 8, 2014 in Washington, D.C. (the “Program”). The prize package includes: (i) round trip coach class airfare from the major gateway airport closest to the Winner’s residence and Washington, D.C.; (ii) hotel accommodations for two (2) nights at a hotel selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion (one (1) double occupancy room, room and tax only); (iii) two (2) tickets to the Program; (iv) Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00); and (v) round trip ground transportation in Washington, D.C. between the airport and hotel and between the hotel and the Program taping (collectively, the “Prize”). Approximate Retail Value $4,500.00. Actual retail value will depend on the Winner’s place of residence. Prize does not include any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Prize package has no cash redemption value. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) Winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor on or about January 3, 2014 from amongst all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the Winner in its sole discretion. Sponsor will notify the potential Winner by phone and/or e-mail on or about December 31, 2013.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Winner and his/her travel companion will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release and any other documents sent by Sponsor within seven (7) days of notification. Failure to return the documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in the entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Where permitted by law, the Winner agrees to grant to the Released Parties and their licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time, the Winner’s name, entry, pictures, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by the Released Parties. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, the Released Parties may in their sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which, in their sole discretion, deem appropriate for the Winner to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, and their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, the travel or participation in any sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES AND THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the sweepstakes at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the Winner, available after January 17, 2014, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “BET Honors 2014 Sweepstakes Presented By Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
10. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.