Apparently, Troy Ave Is Struggling

Apparently, Troy Ave Is Struggling

Not being able to do shows is apparently taking its toll.

Published October 17th

Troy Ave left court on July 11 after posting $500,000 bail, and apparently ever since he’s been struggling.

The Brooklyn rapper hasn’t been able to perform at shows due to his bail stipulations. It’s something his attorney wants to change beginning next month when the conditions of his bail are up for change.

Troy is hoping to ask Judge Ronald Zweibel to lift an order preventing him from leaving New York City and banning him from performing in nightclubs and other venues. The judge still has to go over evidence presented to the grand jury before any decisions on motions can be filed by the rapper’s legal team.

According to Troy Ave’s lawyer John Stella, his client is struggling due to the lack of work. “He’s barely able to get by,” he told DNA Info. “Touring is what drives everything else, and it’s hard to release music if he can’t promote it with live performances.”

Stella also claims Ave (real name Roland Collins) has missed dozens of tour dates and lost tens of thousands of dollars due to the bail restrictions. He was arrested after video surfaced of him brandishing a firearm and shooting it backstage at an Irving Plaza T.I. show back in May. Troy was then released on bond that required him to put up his mother’s Crown Heights home as collateral. Ave’s close and bodyguard Ronald McPhatter was killed in the shootout.

“Just like Rick Ross, Troy should be given the ability to work and provide for his family,” Stella said. So far no one has sued Troy ave for breach of contract. Stella suspects venues are waiting to see the outcome of his client’s bail hearing before pressing any charges.

Written by Paul Meara

(Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage)

COMMENTS

Latest in music