Deion Sanders Seeks $1 Million From Ex Over Child Abuse Tweets

Deion Sanders Seeks $1 Million From Ex Over Child Abuse Tweets

Says Pilar Sanders has "evil motive" and is spreading lies.

Published December 10, 2014

Deion Sanders has had enough of his ex-wife from accusing him of child abuse on social media. The former NFL star has had a temporary court order issued against Pilar Sanders after she posted audio of his daughter saying her father “kicked” and “choked” one of his sons.

According to court documents, Sanders says his ex has “ill will, spite, evil motive and a purpose to cause substantial injury or harm” to him. The temporary order could be made permanent after a hearing this coming Tuesday, RadarOnline.com reports, and Sanders is seeking $1 million in damages from his ex.

The move is the latest in the ongoing war between Pilar and Deion Sanders, which has escalated since he won full custody of their three children in a bitter court battle. In one Facebook rant she posted last month, Pilar wrote: “Ripped them from me, alienating them from me and Abusing them…Now It’s My Divine Motherly Right to Keep Fighting until they are Safely with me, where they belong and have always been.”

Deion and Pilar Sanders split in 2013 after fourteen years of marriage. The Hall of Famer and reality star is now dating Tracey Edmonds.

Click here to win a trip to the Super Bowl Gospel Celebration in Phoenix, AZ, plus 4 tickets to the Big Game. 

BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.

Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.

(Photos from left: Joel Auerbach/Getty Images, CSM /Landov)

Written by Evelyn Diaz

COMMENTS

Latest in news