Posted Aug. 13, 2007 -- Don't dare get caught in these duds! Here's what to wear instead.
1. Leggings vs. Skinny Jeans – Last year leggings were in. Now wear a cute pair of skinny jeans (Gap.com) just like you would the leggings. Wear them under a cute dress or a patterned baby doll top.
2. Bright, Plastic Jewelry vs. Gold Jewelry – The Crayola tinted hoops were hot and now they’re not. Now gold has secured its spot as the hottest metallic color to adorn yourself with. It can be as brassy as you like, but keep it bold-gold (Forever21.com).
3. Indigo Blue Jeans vs. Grey and Colored Jeans – Step outside the box, put away the dark blue denim and put on a stylish pair of grey jeans (Nordstrom.com). Grey is the new neutral! Make a statement with the latest trend - colored jeans (old navy.com).
:: AD ::
4. Bohemian Inspired Dress vs. 60’s Inspired Dress - The care-free Bohemian look has taken a back seat to a more conservative mod look. The effects of "Hairspray" have crept into the fashion world. A must for this season is a Jackie O. inspired dress.
5. Low Rise Pants vs. High Waist Pants – Put the low rise aside and definitely wear a high-waisted pants (Newportnews.com) with confidence. Your waist will look smaller while accentuating the right curves in this throw back look.
6. Plaid skirts vs. Plaid Accessories – Skirts in plaid were last year’s fade. This year turn heads by wearing a plaid duffle bag. (Betsey Johnson Bag $98,) or a plaid ballet flat.
7. Kiddy Back Packs vs. Messenger Bags, Personalized Totes – Instead of a boring backpack, opt for a messenger bag that makes a statement about you. Even personalize your tote to really be unique (personalizedpresents.com).
8. Suspenders vs. Chunky Belt – Suspend the suspenders and cinch your favorite dress with a chunky belt (H&M). Whether equestrian or military inspired, if it’s thick you can’t go wrong.
9. Over-the-knee boot vs. Oxford Booties (Ankle Boots) – Just like last years knee boot, this year’s ankle boot (Macys.com) goes perfect with a skirt or pants, and can transition from day to night.
10. Fedora vs. Crochet Beret – Forget the structured hat and try an adorable crochet beret. They come in all sizes, colors and patterns (urbanoutfitters.com).
TRENDING IN NEWS