Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Makes 6 servings
Preparation Time: 10 min.
Cook time: 35 min.
8 medium red potatoes, washed and quartered
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tbsp. margarine
½ cup LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk
½ tsp. salt
1. PLACE potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
2. REDUCE heat. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
3. DRAIN potatoes and garlic, and place back into pot.
4. ADD margarine, LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk, and salt.
5. MASH ingredients together to preferred smoothness. Serve hot.
Nutrition Information per serving
Serving size: about 1 cup
Exchanges per serving
3 starches, 1 fat
Total Calories 250
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 47g
Dietary Fiber 4g