Victoria’s Homemade Waffles
Makes 8 servings
Preparation Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 3-4 min. per waffle
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. sugar
4 egg yolks
1 ¼ cups LACTAID® Fat Free Milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 egg whites
3 cups blueberries
6 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)*
non-stick cooking spray
1. SIFT flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together into a large bowl.
2. MIX egg yolks, LACTAID® Fat Free Milk, and vegetable oil in a separate bowl.
3. POUR milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir well.
4. BEAT egg whites in a small bowl until stiff.
5. FOLD egg whites into the batter.
6. HEAT and spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray
7. POUR ½ cup of batter on the heated waffle iron and cook for 3-4 minutes per waffle.
8. TOP with fresh blueberries. Drizzle with syrup, if desired.
Nutrition Information per serving
Serving size: 1 waffle
Exchanges per serving
2 ½ starches, 2 fats
* Maple syrup not included in nutrition information.