NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) BETWEEN THE AGES OF 18-54 YEARS OF AGE
1. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 6pm Eastern Time (“EST”) January 31, 2008 and ends at 6pm EST February 29, 2008. To enter the contest, select one (1) partner to be your teammate and select one of the methods of entry. For the selected method of entry, enter each team member’s age, weight, height, address, email and phone number, include a current photo of your team, and tell us in one hundred and fifty (150) words why your team should be one of the A Healthy BET Fitness Challenge teams and what adopting a healthy lifestyle means to your team (“Entry Information”).
Teams may enter the “A Healthy BET Team Fitness Challenge” in any of the following ways: (i) online by visiting www.AHEALTHYBET.com, completing the online entry form limit one (1) online entry, per valid email address, per eligible person or (ii) hand printing the Entry Information on a postcard or on a separate piece of paper no larger than 8½ x 11 inches and attaching a current photo of your team, and mailing the postcard or paper and current team photo to “A Healthy BET Team Fitness Challenge”, Attn: BET Foundation, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, DC 20018. Entrants using US mail may enter one time. Mail-in entries must be received by February 29, 2008. Limit one (1) entry per envelope. Mechanically reproduced or hand-stamped entries or mailing labels or entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will not be accepted. Incorrect, illegible, and incomplete entries are void. These official rules are also available at the www.AHEALTHYBET.com Web site or by writing to “A Healthy BET Team Fitness Challenge,” Attn: BET Foundation/Rules Request, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, DC 20018.
Up to four (4) teams of two (2) members each will be selected to take the team-based “Challenge.” Teams will then have from March 14, 2008 – June 6, 2008 to achieve their fitness goals (goals will be determined by mutual agreement of each team, Sponsors and designated fitness professionals). All information and a photo must be included to be considered an eligible entry. Limit: One (1) entry per person and per team.
By entering, entrants consent to the receipt of promotional e-mail materials from Sponsors. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate the contest in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsors. Should the contest be modified, suspended or terminated as aforesaid, the prizes nevertheless may be awarded as stated below.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) between the ages of 18-54 as of January 31, 2008. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of the BET Foundation, Black Entertainment Television LLC, General Mills, Inc., and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees¸ officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this contest or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsors reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any Finalist. U.S. law governs this contest. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. CHALLENGE/PRIZES: Up to four (4) teams will jump start a 12-week fitness program by taking a 5 day/4 night trip to a health and fitness resort program selected by BET Foundation to participate in an exclusive healthy lifestyle awareness program. BET Foundation reserves the right to extend the trip based on the program requirements at the selected health and fitness resort program. The program includes a daily 2.5 mile health walk, fitness and nutrition lectures, cooking demonstrations and fun fitness classes along with personal training and limited spa services. A team of fitness and health professionals will conduct fitness and health assessment, and evaluate and establish weight loss and exercise goals for each individual team member. To complete a fitness and health assessment, a licensed medical professional will conduct a “finger prick” procedure to draw blood to determine each person’s cholesterol level ratings. This trip includes roundtrip coach class airfare, double-occupancy lodging for five (5) nights, ground transportation to and from the nearest major gateway airport to the selected health and fitness resort program, and meals that are part of the program. Trip must be taken during the period March 11-18, 2008. Timeframe of the trip is subject to change.
Upon their return home, each team member will receive a 3-month gym membership, one (1) team trainer for six (6) sessions, e-mail and telephone correspondence with health experts to discuss their progress and to get advice on how to achieve their goal, a one (1) year supply of Honey Nut Cheerios and/or other General Mills products through coupons or products, and special gift prizes. Prize package has no cash redemption value. Prize does not include any gratuities, off property ground transportation, transportation rentals or any other expenses not specifically listed herein.
During the 12-week period beginning March 14, 2008 and ending June 6, 2008 the teams will work together to achieve their individual and team health and fitness goals. At the end of the 12-week fitness and health program, each teams’ results will be evaluated by Sponsors and designated fitness professionals to determine if they met their collective goals. Each team that meets its collective goals (both team members must meet their individual goals), will qualify for the random drawing to receive a 3 day/2 night trip to the “BET Awards ’08” scheduled for June 24, 2008 in Los Angeles, California. This trip includes two (2) general admission tickets to the awards show, and five hundred dollars ($500.00) per team member (in the form of a check). If a team resides outside of the Los Angeles area, the prize also will include two (2) roundtrip coach class airline tickets and hotel accommodations for three (3) nights (one (1) double occupancy room selected solely by the BET Foundation). Prize package has no cash redemption value and must be taken during the period June 23-25, 2008. Prize package does not include any meals, gratuities, ground transportation, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. BET Foundation and Sponsors are not responsible for flight delays and tickets changes made by winners that may require additional fees.
Approximate Retail Value for the prize package is approximately $3,000.00 per person. Approximate prize value of the Grand prize is $2,000 per person. Total Actual Retail Value will depend on the team’s place of residence. If a team cannot be available on any specified dates, prize will be forfeited and the prize may be awarded to an alternate team. Each team member will be responsible for applicable travel taxes. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded.
5. DETERMINATION OF TEAMS and WINNERS:
DETERMINATION OF TEAMS:
The teams will be selected by Sponsors among all eligible on-line entries received by the deadline date February 29, 2008 at 6pm EST. Sponsors shall choose the Finalist teams from all entries who have met all eligibility requirements. The selection will be based, the content of the essays, with an emphasis on originality, and the teams’ desire, need and commitment to making healthy lifestyle changes. Sponsors shall choose the Finalist teams in their sole discretion. Sponsors will notify the Finalist teams by phone or e-mail after the selection. The decisions of the judges are final.
DETERMNATION OF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNING TEAM: Each team in which each individual member meets their goal will be eligible for the random Grand Prize drawing. Both members of the team must meet their individual goals to be eligible for the grand prize drawing. Sponsors will randomly select the grand prize winning team from amongst all teams who meet their collective goals. If no team meets its collective goals, the team that comes closest to meeting its collective goals (as determined at the sole discretion of the sponsors) will be selected as the grand prize winning team.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Upon selection and acceptance to participate in the “A Healthy BET Fitness Challenge,” all teams are required to submit a doctor’s certification that each team member is healthy and physically able to start a weight loss program. Team members must also sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release within five (5) days of notification. Failure to return documents as specified or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in entry being disqualified, and an alternate Finalist team being selected. Minors must provide the written consent of their parent or legal guardian to participate as a finalist. Where permitted by law, Finalist teams (except in the case of a minor) agree to grant to Sponsors and Sponsors’ licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Finalist’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsors. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification with an alternate Finalist or potential Finalist selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsors may in their sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsors, in their sole discretion, deem appropriate for Finalists or potential Finalists to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting a prize, Finalists agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSORS, THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATESAND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPERESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, it their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses e-mail, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of New York without regards for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, nor consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the winner(s), available after July 1, 2008, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “A Healthy BET Fitness Challenge Contest,” Attention: The BET Foundation, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSORS: The BET Foundation, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018; and General Mills, Inc., 1 General Mills Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55426.