NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS)
PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST BE 21 YEARS OLD OR OLDER.
GIRLS MUST BE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 10-12.
:: AD ::
1. HOW TO ENTER: This Contest begins at 6pm ET May 1, 2008 and ends at 6pm ET June 6, 2008. Parents or legal guardians of girls age 10-12 can enter their child in only one of the following ways:
A) Log on to www.ahealthybet.com, enter the registration information, and
submit a 150-word statement describing the following:
(1) why the girl you are nominating should be selected for the BET Summer Camp for Girls, an initiative of the BET Foundation;
(2) how a healthier lifestyle will help her;
(3) how you and your family will help her maintain a healthier lifestyle;
(4) the age, weight and height of the girl you are nominating; and
(5) your home city, state, phone number and email address.
B) Mail in a hand-written 150-word statement describing the five elements listed
above on a sheet of paper no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches addressed to:
Attn: Summer Camp for Girls
1235 “W” Street, NE
Washington, DC 20018
**Note all mail-in entries must be received by the end of contest date, 6pm ET June 6, 2008. Limit one (1) entry per envelope. Mechanically reproduced or hand-stamped entries or mailing labels or entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will not be accepted. Incorrect, illegible, and incomplete entries are void.
Entrants must be the parent or legal guardian of the girl they nominate to enter the Contest and must complete all five (5) questions in a narrative format to be eligible. Limit: One (1) entry per person and per family. Entries of siblings are not permitted.
These official rules are also available at the www.AHEALTHYBET.com web site or by writing to “BET Summer Camp for Girls,” Attn: BET Foundation/Rules Request, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, DC 20018.
By entering (unless you opt-out), entrants consent to the receipt of promotional materials from Sponsors. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the promotion in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsors. Should the promotion be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the prizes will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsors reserve the right to revoke or withhold prizes. Sponsors are not responsible or liable for lost, stolen, production, printing, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect, delayed, late, interrupted, illegible, technical or human errors or misdirected entries. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 21 YEARS OLD OR OLDER as of May 1, 2008 through July 27, 2008. All nominees must be between the ages of 10 – 12 from May 1, 2008 through July 27, 2008. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Sponsors and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees¸ officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this Contest or from the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsors reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this Contest. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE: Up to one hundred and fifty (150) winners will receive a reserved space and an all expense paid trip to the BET Summer Camp for Girls, an initiative of BET Foundation from July 20-27, 2008 at the 4-H Center in Columbiana, AL. The trip package includes roundtrip bus transportation from a location designated by Sponsors in Alabama or roundtrip coach class airfare to Birmingham, AL or Columbiana regional airport and ground transportation to and from the 4-H Center camp site; a souvenir t-shirt; and other gift items. Campers traveling by chartered ground transportation will be chaperoned by an adult during travel to and from the 4-H Center camp site. Campers traveling by air transportation must be enrolled in the “minors traveling alone” program of the designated airline. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $3,000.00 per winner. Actual retail value will depend on the place of residence and any airfare fluctuations. Prize does not include any gratuities or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. The prize must be taken during the period July 20-27, 2008. The winner shall be awarded the Prize on the nominated girl’s behalf; and the girl may be accompanied by the winner as her travel companion during air transportation at their expense or waive right to travel. Prize package has no cash redemption value. Any federal and state taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner is responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. If any portion of a prize is unavailable, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute that portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: The winners will be selected by a panel of judges among all eligible online entries received by the deadline date June 6, 2007. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of the Sponsors and Program Partners. The panel of judges shall choose winners based on the information obtained in the written statements and the entrant’s commitment to helping their nominee make a healthy lifestyle change. Sponsors will notify the winners by phone or email after the drawing.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Upon selection and acceptance to attend the BET Summer Camp for Girls, all winners will be required to submit a doctor’s certificate that indicates the following: (1) their nominee is overweight or obese and is recommended for a weight loss program, (2) their nominee has no health conditions that preclude her full participation in the Camp activities, and (3) provides detailed information on any medicines or treatments that may preclude her full participation in the Camp activities. In addition, the winners will receive additional documents they will be required to sign and return related to the Contest, which may include, but are not limited to an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release, Medical Form, and Personal Profile. All documents must be returned within five (5) days of notification by mail. Failure to return documents as specified or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in entry being disqualified, and an alternate winner being selected from eligible entries previously received. Where permitted by law, the winners agree to grant to Sponsors and Sponsors’ licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winner’s and his/her nominee’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsors. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSORS, THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPERESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM, www.AHEALTHYBET.COM, or any Sponsor web sites INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses, or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after July 30, 2008, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “BET Foundation Summer Camp for Girls Contest” to BET Foundation, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, DC 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSORS AND PARTNERS: BET Foundation, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, DC 20018; Black Entertainment Television, LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, DC 20018. Additional Sponsors may be added and covered under the conditions of the Contest Rules.
© 2008 BET Foundation, 1235 “W” Street, NE Washington, DC; BET.com, 810 Seventh Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10019.
TRENDING IN NEWS