Posted June 30, 2008 – Before putting on those sexy sandals this summer, make sure your feet are in good condition. With these easy steps you too can step out in style. So go ahead, prepare to pamper your well-deserved feet.
Materials: Baking soda or your favorite foot soak, jojoba oil, tea tree essential oil, lavender essential oil, pumice stone, lotion, cuticle pusher, toenail clipper, emery board and nail polish. Soak your feet for ten minutes in warm water containing baking soda and a few drops of lavender essential oil or your favorite foot soak.
:: AD ::
Use a pumice stone, exfoliating scrub or foot scrubbing lotion to remove dead skin. Gently scrub your feet and heels to remove dead skin. Be careful not to remove every layer of a callous because innermost layers are sometimes necessary to protect your feet from injury.
1. Dry your feet.
2. Push back cuticles. Use a cuticle pusher to gently push back your toenail. Be careful not to cut your cuticles because this could lead to infections.
3. Trim your toenails, clip your toenails straight across with the toenail clipper. Use emery board to file toenails, will enhance their appearance.
4. Rinse feet once again and pat dry.
5. Take cotton ball and a small amount of tea tree essential oil and rub toes, this will help fight against infection.
6. Massage feet with plenty of foot lotion. Jojoba oil can be used to replace foot lotion.
7. Wrap feet in Pedi-Sox (by Footsies) and cover for at least 12 minutes.
Paint toenails. Make sure to apply a base coat before nail polish and at least two coats and a topcoat of clear polish to give it more shine.
A few of my favorite pedicure products -
Warm Spirit Luxurious Feet
Dessert Essence Jojoba oil & 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil
OPI Natural Nail Base Coat and Top Coat
OPI Sheer Romance Collection
This article appears courtesy of BlackDoctor.org, the World’s largest and most comprehensive online health resource specifically targeted to African Americans.
TRENDING IN NEWS