Posted May 12, 2008 – Are you having a hard time sticking to your diet?
Try the following 5 steps for faster weight loss results. These simple, easy rules will have you eating-and feeling-better in no time!
:: AD ::
1. Eat your fruits and veggies. Did you know that increasing your daily intake of fruits and vegetables can help you to shed pounds naturally? It’s true. Fruits and vegetables are low in calories and fat, while at the same time remaining extremely filling. No to mention the fact that they are filled with nutrients essential to a healthy diet.
2. Watch your portions. Lately, the country seems to be suffering from portion distortion. Supersize options are now the norm and sizes that were considered large just 50 years ago are now considered small at most fast food joints. Try to keep in mind how much you should be eating and how much you actually are. You’d be surprised how many people pack on the extra pounds from simply eating a larger portion than they should.
3. Avoid sugary drinks. Though you probably don’t realize it, chances are, you’re drinking more than half of your calories each day. That’s right. Sodas and juices are loaded with sugar and calories. For a healthier option, try drinking a glass of water with a couple slices of lemon and lime tossed in.
4. Read the label. Pay attention to what is in your food! Be sure to check out how much saturated or trans fats are lurking in that product you just bought. If you can, try to stick with products that are fresh and not processed.
5. Keep a journal. Be sure to record everything that you eat-and drink-throughout the day. Seeing it written down in front of you may just stop you from reaching for that second cookie.
This areticle appears courtesy of BlackDoctor.org, is the World’s largest and most comprehensive online health resource specifically targeted to African Americans. Fior more health tips, visit BlackDoctor.org.