Prom is the biggest night in a teen girl’s life. It’s a chance to have fun, celebrate the end of high school and look fabulous.
There is so much to think about when it comes to creating the perfect prom night. What should you wear? Who should you go with? Well, we’re here to give you some helpful tips to make the night easy and memorable.
There are some things you may want to consider, before and during the prom:
1. The Dress. Every girl knows that the dress is the most important part of this once-in-a-lifetime event, so a lot of thought must go into the process of picking the right one.
Remember that this is prom, not a club. So be mindful of the cut and style of the dress. The dress should fit perfectly and you should look perfect in it, no matter your size or shape.
Also, there is no rule that says you have to wait for someone to ask you. If you know who you want to go with, lock in your choice and ask him ASAP. Finding a last-minute date can be a headache and a heart break.
2. The Date. It has always been tradition to have a date for the prom, whether he’s a boyfriend or just a good friend, as long as he is the right guy for you.
If you are someone who doesn’t get hung up on tradition, grab a few of your girls and you all can enjoy prom night as each other’s dates, and the night will be just as special.
3. Relax. Sometimes, things can go wrong the day of the prom. You may run late for your hair appointment or your date may get caught in traffic picking you up. Things happen. Just don’t panic. Keep a positive attitude and don’t always expect the worst. The last thing you want is for prom night to be deemed the worst night of your life.
4. Time Is of the Essence. Prom begins and ends at a specific time, so keep that in mind. Don’t let a pre-prom celebration with friends or photo-ops with family hold you up. Set a comfortable schedule to follow, just to make sure the day goes as smoothly as possible.
5. Show Some Manners. Remember that this is a formal event, so proper etiquette is definitely in order. Show your appreciation to your date when he opens the door or pulls out your seat. Believe it or not, guys pay attention to these types of things, young and old.
Showing manners also means to act like a lady. Just because they’re playing your favorite Beyonce song doesn’t mean you have to get wild on the dance floor. Don’t end the night in a sweaty mess. Leave the hoochie at home for the night.
6. Have Fun. Aside from the prom queen competitions and best dressed wars, prom night should be a fun night. Put the school yard dramas behind and enjoy. Mingle with your friends and put on your happy face. Don’t ruin everyone else’s night because you can’t put grudges aside.
If you keep these tips in mind, you are bound to have the best night of your life. Prom night should always be the most memorable moment in high school, aside from graduation. Make those memories good ones; memories that you would want to cherish forever.
TRENDING IN NEWS