After Psychologytoday.com was forced to remove a racist, sexist article titled “Why Are Black Women Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women?” The Black community, rightfully enraged and offended, spoke out on every social media platform to deflate the ridiculous “scientific research,” based solely on opinion. Now that the storm has died down and Black women are still just as devastatingly gorgeous as they were on Monday, here are a few positive, loving affirmations courtesy of Sherri Shepherd.
Shepherd exclusively detailed her “Top Reasons Why Black Women are Beautiful.” It’s not just about looks, either. Here are a few:
1. SHE’S A BRICK HOUSE: I so love a woman’s body. As Black women, I think that we don’t have as much of a problem as other races, concerning being skinny. We really do appreciate our curves and our thickness. I love—I guess because I don’t have one—a Black woman’s booty. I’m so proud of my little booty. I have a little bubble!”
2. OUR LINEAGE OF STRENGTH: “I love the fact that I come from a strong race of women. I love the fact that I have people in my family who didn’t come up under the best circumstances, but they are women who work hard, play hard and fight hard. That’s just in our DNA.”
3. WE ARE LOYAL: “First of all, we are ride or die. That’s what Black women are. We are seriously loyal. Other races will look at you like ‘ride or what?’ That’s what you get with a Black woman. Men think, ‘If something happens to me, I know who has my back.’
4. FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH: “I wouldn’t be anything else. I love the fact that I can talk to older Black women who tell me ‘I’m 80,’ but they look like they’re 60!"
5. OUR EXECUTIVE VISION: “We have the ability to look ahead. You have a lot of Black women that are single mothers. Women think ‘How is this going to affect everybody?’ We have a compassionate nature.