Download these must-have apps ASAP.
1. Fooducate (free) allows you to scan your food items by barcode before you buy them. This instantly alerts you to any harmful or misleading ingredients. It also gives you FoodPoints info and boasts the largest database of Universal Product Code-based nutrition information. Android; iPhone
2. Girlfriends in God Devotional ($1.99) is an inspirational app that draws on biblical references and the experiences of other kindred spirits to revitalize your mind and soul. A journaling feature also allows you to share your thoughts with a community of like-minded women. Android; iPhone
3. Glucose Buddy Diabetes Helper (free) is a one-stop record keeper that helps you track your own (or a loved one’s) diabetes. It also includes a food/exercise log, forum, graphs and reminder alert function. Android; iPhone
4. Total Health for African-American Christians ($1.99, iPhone; $2.99, Android), developed by A. Maria Hester. M.D., to help address the health needs of African Americans and optimize their lives through healthy lifestyle choices, this app takes a holistic approach to health and includes features to manage sickle cell anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, heart health and spiritual/mental well-being. Android; iPhone
5. As seen on the "Dr. Oz" show, Instant Heart Rate (free) helps you take control of your heart health with charts, graphs and a touch-activated pulse counter. Android; iPhone
Read more about the other must-have health apps at BlackHealthMatters.Com.
BET Health News - We go beyond the music and entertainment world to bring you important medical information and health-related tips of special relevance to Blacks in the U.S. and around the world. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.