Rihanna Granted Permanent Restraining Order Against Stalker 

Man who broke into Rih's house told to stay 100 yards away.

Posted: 10/31/2013 12:24 PM EDT
Filed Under Music News, Rihanna

Rihanna

A judge granted Rihanna permanent protection from a man claiming to be her “future husband,” TMZ reports. Jonathon Whooper must stay 100 yards from the pop beauty for the next two years. In her petition for the order, Rihanna, 25, says Whooper caused “substantial emotional distress and concerns for her safety."

He was arrested at Rih-Rih's Pacific Palisades, Calif. mansion earlier in the month, and allegedly told a security guard that he planned on marrying her. He also broke into her home in late September, by throwing a chair through a window.

Authorities had given the "Diamonds" singer a temporary restraining order following the Oct. 4 incident. Now, a court hearing has been scheduled to gauge Whooper's mental competency to stand trial on stalking, attempted burglarly and vandalism charges.

He is only one of many unwanted visitors who reportedly forced Rihanna out of the $12 million rented estate, including 31-year-old Steveland Barrow, arrested in May for breaking into a neighboring residence and sleeping in what he thought was Rih's bed.

BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.

Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.

(Photo: PacificCoastNews.com)

Videos You May Like

From Our Partners