Singer gets a new date for misdemeanor assault case.
A D.C. Superior Court judge has granted Brown, 24, until Jan. 8 to review evidence with his lawyers and to continue his anger management treatment before he and his bodyguard, Christopher Hollosy, 35, face allegations that they punched a man who attempted to photobomb a pic CB was taking with two female fans outside a hotel in the nation's capital.
"It would be counter-productive to have Mr. Brown check out of an inpatient treatment program and travel across the country to attend a status hearing that will likely result in a continuance," his attorneys argued in a filing last week.
Brown was previously scheduled to appear in court on the East Coast, Monday (Nov. 25). The residential rehab program he is in is located in California, where he was ordered to a 90-day plan to temper his tantrums after he was kicked out of voluntary rehab for throwing a rock through his mom's car window.
Ironically enough, Brown had volunteered to go to rehab following the [alleged] photobomber fight. After all, he's still on probation for the infamous 2009 assault on his then-girlfriend Rihanna; and when he was arrested in D.C., he and Hollosy originally faced felony charges, which could have landed Brown behind bars for up to four years.
His legal team insists, however, that the misdemeanor charges won't stick either. He will be "exonerated," said one of his attorneys, Danny Onorato, adding that neither he nor Hollosy committed any crime — the alleged photobomber was trying to board Brown's private tour bus, his lawyers say.
The victim, who claims his nose was broken in the incident, has remained quiet in the media. "Let's see how this all unfolds," his lawyer, Vince Napoleon, said.
BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)