Lil Wayne and Drake Hint at Another Joint Tour

Lil Wayne and Drake Hint at Another Joint Tour

Rappers plan to settle the score in 2015 with a new battle concert.

Published September 29, 2014

Lil Wayne and Drake put on their best for their 31-date Street Fighter-themed battle tour, so much so that the closing show in the Houston metro area on Saturday (Sept. 28) ended in a tie.

"We’re tied up tonight," Drake told the crowd. “I know there has to be a winner or they want to see a winner, but I’ve got an idea,” he continued, before teasing fans with hopes of another joint tour with his YMCMB boss. “I feel like you put out this Carter V, I put out this Views From the 6, we do this tour again next year and we start that b---h in Houston." 

Previously, the duo allowed fans to vote #teamDrake or #teamLilWayne via a Capcom app in support of the artists who delivered the best sets. At the end of each concert the winner was announced, providing a more intimate connection with the rappers and their fans.

"It's only right," Drake said of sharing the crown. "We share the same fans. We're like a family."

Weezy is set to drop Tha Carter V  on Oct. 28, meanwhile Drake’s fourth solo effort ,Views From the 6, will be released in 2015.

BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.

Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.

(Photo: Timothy Hiatt/Getty Images)

Written by Dominique Zonyeé

COMMENTS

Latest in news