Suge Knight Refuses to Leave Cell for Court Hearing

Suge Knight Refuses to Leave Cell for Court Hearing

Knight says he's sick, judge delays robbery case.

Published May 27, 2015

Suge Knight refused to leave his cell today, forcing a delay of today’s scheduled hearing, reports the Associated Press

Knight, who is behind bars on a murder charge, was due in court for a felony burglary charge, but said that he was too sick to make it. The court date was moved to Friday.                 

| CLICK FOR TROUBLE MAN: A HISTORY OF SUGE KNIGHT DRAMA |

Before settling on a continuance, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald Coen almost had Knight forcibly removed from his cell, which will be the case if he misses the next date.  

The 50-year-old’s burglary charge dates back to last year when he and Katt Williams were arrested for allegedly stealing a female paparazzo’s camera. Williams also did not appear in court.

Knight tends to have health emergencies whenever he has to go to court. The Death Row Records co-founder fired his lawyer in the burglary case and will have to provide new counsel at the next hearing.

If he does not have one, Judge Coen is likely to assign him an attorney.    

Click here for a chance to win a trip to the 2015 BET Awards! 

BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.   

(Photo: David Buchan/Getty Images)

Written by Latifah Muhammad

COMMENTS

Latest in news