Fans of British phenom Sam Smith can rejoice, as the "Stay With Me" crooner's voice is back! After suffering a hemorrhage to his vocal chords, Smith was unable to perform, and was even forced to cancel his Australian tour, but now that things are back on track, the show is back on.
According to Billboard, now that the four-time Grammy winner is cleared to speak — and sing — again, he has fully rescheduled his tour of Australia, which was originally set to start in April. Smith will kick off the tour starting Nov. 28 at Perth Arena before heading over to Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane in early December.
"Australia, I am so so happy to finally have some good news for you... I can now announce that my canceled IN THE LONELY HOUR tour dates have been rescheduled!!," he said in a statement. "I'm unbelievably excited to get back on stage and perform for you all again, and I promise it will be so much better than it would have been when my voice was damaged. The past few months have been incredibly difficult, but the support, love and patience my fans have shown me is absolutely unreal. I am so grateful to every one of you. I can't wait to see you all."
The 23-year-old underwent surgery at the Massachusetts General Hospital to correct his throat condition, last month. The medical team at the institution said that his problem, which is common among singers, was "the result of unstable blood vessels in the vocal cord that can rupture and prevent vocal performance."
Now, bring on that good ol' music, Mr. Smith!
(Photo: Ian Gavan/Getty Images)