One day after his first televised interview, George Zimmerman, shooter of Trayvon Martin, made additional headlines as he declined a high-profile interview with ABC’s The View because the network would not comply with his request that they provide a month of "shelter and security" for his family. ABC News reports:
“[Barbara] Walters said on "The View" today that she arrived to do the interview Wednesday and found a "stubborn" Zimmerman dressed in a T-shirt and demanding certain conditions from her that she was unwilling to agree to. Walters would not specify what Zimmerman asked for in exchange for the interview, but said that she would never agree to it.
She noted that Zimmerman's attorney had promised her an interview earlier in the week and said today that [Mark] O'Mara "wanted him to do the interview."
Walters said that it was Zimmerman who reneged on the promise after she flew down to Orlando for the appointment. She said that Zimmerman told her during their conversations that he was in "desperate" need of money, as he had apparently already spent the bulk of the more than $200,000 raised through donations since April.”
Read the full story here.
BET National News - Keep up to date with breaking news stories from around the nation, including headlines from the hip hop and entertainment world. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: AP Photo/Orlando Sentinel, Joe Burbank, Pool)
TRENDING IN NEWS