Floyd Mayweather Jr. Says No Rematch for 'Coward' Pacquiao

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Says No Rematch for 'Coward' Pacquiao

Undefeated champ calls rival a "sore loser."

Published May 8, 2015

It has only been a week since Floyd Mayweather Jr. defeated Manny Pacquiao, but the undefeated champ has already switched positions twice on whether he plans to give his rival a rematch.

Earlier this week, Mayweather text-messaged ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, saying that he's willing to give Manny Pacquiao a rematch next year. Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, picked April 2016 as the apt time for the rematch.

But Mayweather no longer wants anything to do with a rematch, seemingly irked that Pacquiao's torn rotator cuff is being used as an excuse for his unanimous loss to "Money" last Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

"Did I text Stephen A. Smith and say I will fight him again? Yeah, but I change my mind. At this particular time, no, because he's a sore loser and he's a coward," Mayweather told Showtime in an interview taped this week that will air Saturday night, as reported by ESPN. "If you lost, accept the loss and say, 'Mayweather, you were the better fighter."

So much for a rematch. After the low-action bout they had, though, how many fans are really interested in a rematch anyway?

| CLICK HERE TO SEE FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR.'S 10 BIGGEST VICTORIES |

Then again, if the purse can possibly get bigger for a second bout, we wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather changes his mind yet again. After all, "Money" talks, right? 

BET Sports News - Get the latest news and information about African-Americans in sports including weekly recaps, celebrity news and photos of your favorite Black athletes. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. 

(Photo: Al Bello/Getty Images)

Written by BET-Staff

COMMENTS

Latest in news