Oscar De La Hoya can't seem to make up his mind.
After toying around with the idea of coming back to boxing earlier this month, De La Hoya said last week that he wouldn't un-retire to face Floyd Mayweather Jr.
But now he's having second thoughts on that too, taking to his Twitter account Sunday to make an exception.
Mayweather has yet to name his opponent for a September bout. He and Gennady Golovkin exchanged words last week, with Triple G saying he's confident he can hand Mayweather his first loss and the Money Team camp basically saying Golovkin is not in his league.
Nevertheless, the prospect of a Mayweather-Golovkin fight should excite fight fans. And the thought of the winner facing the Golden Boy afterward is intriguing, even though De La Hoya is 42 years old.
Upon hearing rumblings that De La Hoya was interested in returning to the ring, Mayweather said last week that he would grant him a rematch. But De La Hoya immediately shot down that prospect, before making his exception Sunday night.
Let's see if any of this becomes a reality.
BET Sports News — Get the latest news and information about African-Americans in sports, including weekly recaps, celebrity news and photos of your favorite Black athletes.
(Photos from Left: Barry King/FilmMagic, Ethan Miller/Getty Images, Walter McBride/Getty Images)
TRENDING IN NEWS