NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS ONLY WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER U.S. COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: ENTRANTS MUST OBTAIN THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION PRIOR TO ENTERING IF DEEMED A MINOR IN HIS/HER JURISDICTION. VIDEO SUBMISSIONS MUST FEATURE ONE PERSON ONLY; GROUP VIDEOS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. The “#106iDance Contest” (the “Contest”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. commonwealths, territories and possessions) who are 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER as of August 11, 2014. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“BET”), Coca-Cola North America (“Coca-Cola”), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, contractors, legal counsel, and public relations, advertising and promotion agencies (the “Released Parties”), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and spouses, regardless of where they live) and members of their household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Sponsors (defined in Section 9 below) reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: ENTRANTS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC INSTAGRAM® ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIAPTING IN THIS CONTEST. This Contest will begin at 6:00:00 PM ET on August 11, 2014 and end at 11:59:59 PM ET on September 25, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period upload onto Instagram (through your account registered on Instgram) a video featuring you dancing with a caption that includes the hashtag #106iDance (the “Entry”). For each weekly Prize (“Prize” is defined below in Section 3), entries must be received before the applicable weekly Prize entry deadline set forth below to be eligible for a chance to win that particular weekly Prize. Non-winning entries will carry over to the remaining weeks of the Contest Period.
Weekly Prize Entry Deadlines
The deadlines are at 11:59:59 PM ET on the dates listed below.
Week 1 Prize - August 14, 2014
Week 2 Prize - August 21, 2014
Week 3 Prize - August 28, 2014
Week 4 Prize - September 4, 2014
Week 5 Prize - September 11, 2014
Week 6 Prize - September 18, 2014
Week 7 Prize - September 25, 2014
Log on to www.bet.com/106iDanceRules to view Official Rules. Limit one (1) entry per person. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set forth below.
Entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
(i) Be a maximum of fifteen seconds (00:15) in length;
(ii) Feature the entrant only; and
(iii) Include the #106iDance hashtag.
Entries must NOT:
(i) Include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property;
(ii) Feature music that is not originally written, performed and produced by entrant only; all music featured in any submitted video must be available to publicize and broadcast on a license-free, no compensation basis;
(iii) Contain material which is (or promote activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing;
(iv) Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement Without limiting the forgoing, video submissions must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures; and
(v) Include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image, likeness or voice in any submitted video or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Entrants further warrant and represent that they have secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced in their entries. BET reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different user names, accounts, identities, forms, registrations, addresses or any other method will void all of that entrant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified in BET’s sole discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether, human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by BET. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
3. PRIZES: Seven (7) Prizes: Each prize consists of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) worth of Coca-Cola® branded merchandise and a Fifty Dollar ($50.00) bank-issued, pre-loaded gift card (bank to be selected by Sponsors in their sole discretion) (collectively, the “Prize”). Approximate Retail Value of each Prize: $100.00. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of
prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of winner. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of prizes is permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Released Parties. Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable, and has no cash redemption value. If a Prize, or any portion thereof, is unavailable, the Released Parties reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: All entries will be reviewed by BET or its agent to determine if each entry meets the requirements set forth herein. All eligible entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges to be selected by BET in its sole discretion (“Judging Panel”), whose decisions are final and binding for purposes of this Contest. The Judging Panel will judge all eligible entries based on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”): creativity, originality, and dance skills. For each weekly Prize, the Judging Panel will, based on the Judging Criteria, select a potential winner from among all eligible entries received for that weekly Prize.
Each winner will be announced on or about the Friday following selection; the announcement will be made on BET’s “106 & Park” and via BET’s Instagram page. BET will notify each potential weekly winner by Instagram direct messaging within 48 hours following selection. If a potential winner does not respond within 24 hours after the first attempt to notify him/her that he/she has been selected to receive a prize, or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and an alternate potential winner will be selected based on the winner selection process described above.
Except where legally prohibited, each potential prize winner may be required to sign (or have their parent/legal guardian sign if potential winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residency) and return, within 72 hours of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Judging Panel will select an alternate potential winner based on the winner selection process described above. Any alternate potential winner will also have 72 hours to claim the prize, and must satisfy all eligibility requirements.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: The winners agree to grant to the Released Parties and their licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, their entry (including their video submission), name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by the Released Parties. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate weekly winner may be selected based on the winner selection process described above; and while not obligated to do so, the Released Parties may in their sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which the Released Parties, in their sole discretion, deem appropriate for the winners to each appear for a presentation or other activity.
7. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, Instagram, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors, legal counsel, public relations agencies, advertising and promotion agencies, and each such company’s respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any Contest related activity, or participation in this Contest. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES OR INSTAGRAM, INC. BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY COMPUTER, TECHNICAL, TELEPHONE, CABLE, NETWORK, SATELLITE, ELECTRONIC OR INTERNET HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, CONNECTIONS, AVAILABILITY, OR GARBLED OR JUMBLED TRANSMISSIONS, OR MOBILE PHONE CARRIER/SERVICE PROVIDER/INTERNET/WEBSITE/USE NET ACCESSIBILITY OR AVAILABILITY, TRAFFIC CONGESTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION, DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY
KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF ANY INTERNET SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, available after October 6, 2014, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “#106iDance Contest” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information.
10. SPONSORS: This Contest is sponsored by Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018; and Coca-Cola, One Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313 (collectively, “Sponsors”).
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram.