“Michael Jackson ONE Contest”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 6:00 p.m. ET on January 24, 2014 and ends at 6:00 p.m. ET on February 10, 2014 (the “Contest Period”) and consists of three (3) phases:
Phase 1: During the Contest Period, log on to www.bet.com/MJonecontest to view the video clips for “The Zombie Dance” from “Thriller” and “The Lean” from “Smooth Criminal.” After viewing, select the dance move you would like to replicate, then upload your video on the contest page. Entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
(i) Must be up to thirty seconds (00:30) in length;
(ii) Must feature entrant only;
(iii) Must be original;
(iv) Must not include any background music, trademarks, logos, profanity, sexually explicit, obscene, dangerous or derogatory material, or any other third party material.
Phase 2: On or about February 14, 2014, Sponsors (defined below) will select three (3) potential finalists (“Finalists”) from among all eligible entries received based on the personality, presentation, and execution of the dance move in their video.
Phase 3: The Finalists’ video will be posted on the contest webpage during the period February 24-26, 2014 for users to vote on their favorite. The Finalist with the most cumulative votes will be selected as the grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) on or about February 27, 2014 and announced on-air on or about February 28, 2014. In the event of a tie, the Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected.
By entering, entrants consent to the receipt of promotional materials from Sponsors unless entrants indicate they choose not to receive such materials. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the contest in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsors. Should the contest be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined below) will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 21 YEARS OR OLDER as of January 24, 2014. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“BET”) and Cirque du Soleil (the “Sponsors”), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees¸ officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this contest or from the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsors reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this contest. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE: One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will receive a 4 day/3 night trip for two (2) to the “Michael Jackson ONE” show at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada. The prize package includes (i) roundtrip coach class airfare from the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and the major gateway airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to Las Vegas; (ii) hotel accommodations at Mandalay Bay for three (3) nights (one (1) double occupancy room at a hotel to be selected solely by Sponsors, room and tax only); (iii) ground transportation while in Las Vegas to and from the airport and hotel; and (iv) two (2) tickets to the show (collectively, “Prize”). Approximate retail value $4,200.00. Actual retail value will depend on the Grand Prize Winner’s place of residence. If the Grand Prize Winner resides within one hundred (100) miles of the Las Vegas area, he/she will receive roundtrip ground transportation to and from his/her residence and hotel in lieu of roundtrip coach class airfare. Prize does not include any meals, gratuities, ticket administrative fee and travel taxes, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Restrictions and blackout periods may apply to travel and hotel accommodations. Prize package has no cash redemption value and travel must be completed by December 31, 2014. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot be available on the specified dates, Prize will be forfeited and the prize may be awarded to an alternate grand prize winner. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Three (3) potential Finalists will be
selected by Sponsors from among all eligible entries received based on the
personality, presentation, and execution of the dance move in their video. The Finalists’ video will be posted on the contest webpage during the period February 24-26, 2014 for users to vote for their favorite. The Finalist with the most cumulative votes will be selected as the potential Grand Prize Winner on or about February 27, 2014 and announced on-air on or about February 28, 2014. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsors. Sponsors shall choose the potential Finalists and Grand Prize Winner in their sole discretion. Sponsors will notify the potential Finalists and Grand Prize Winner immediately following selection by phone and/or email.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Finalists and Grand Prize Winner’s travel companion will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release and any other documents sent by Sponsor within five (5) days of notification. Failure to return the documents as specified, if unavailable to travel during the specified timeframe, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in the entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential finalist or grand prize winner may be selected. Where permitted by law, the Grand Prize Winner agrees to grant to Sponsors and Sponsors’ licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Grand Prize Winner’s name, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsors. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate potential grand prize winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsors may in their sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsors, in their sole discretion, deem appropriate for the Grand prize Winner to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the Grand Prize Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors, and their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSORS, AND THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE WWW.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or Website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of Sponsors’ web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses, or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for the conflict of law principles thereof. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, available after December 31, 2014, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Michael Jackson ONE Contest,” One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSORS: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018; and Cirque du Soleil, 8400 2E Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, H1Z 4M6 Canada.
TRENDING IN SHOWS