Enter the “The Being Mary Jane Love Yourself Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER U.S. COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. commonwealths, territories, and possessions) who are 18 YEARS OR OLDER as of January 28, 2014. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC (the “Sponsor”), NetSpend Corporation (“Prize Provider”), MetaBank™, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (“Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. This sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, and their parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the rules and regulations of The ControlTM Prepaid MasterCard®. The ControlTM Prepaid MasterCard® (hereinafter referred to as “ControlTM Card”) is issued by MetaBank™, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by MasterCard international Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. MetaBank is not the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. Card may have fees that reduce the winnings. Funds do not expire.
2. HOW TO ENTER: This sweepstakes begins at 6:00 p.m. ET January 28, 2014 and ends at 6:00 p.m. ET February 28, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, log on to http://www.bet.com/shows/being-mary-jane/games/being-mary-jane-love-yourself-sweepstakes.html to order your ControlTM Prepaid MasterCard (“Control Card®”). Once received, the Control Card must be activated at which time you will be automatically entered into the sweepstakes. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: Mail-in your postcard or letter requesting entry into sweepstakes with your full name, address, telephone number and email address to: Black Entertainment Television LLC, Attention: Being Mary
Jane Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes, 1540 Broadway, 27th Floor, New York, NY 10036. Entries must be received by February 28, 2014.
The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, mail, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the sweepstakes by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. Should the sweepstakes be modified, suspended or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined below) will nevertheless be awarded from among all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE: One (1) winner (“Winner”) will receive a Five Hundred Dollar ($500.00) credit onto his/her Control Card®. Each credit issued on the Control Card® will be subject to Prize Provider’s terms and conditions related thereto and any terms and conditions set forth on the Control Card® itself. Issuance of the credit on the Control Card® is subject to identity verification as required under the USA PATRIOT Act. If the Winner does not have a Control Card®, he/she will receive a check in the amount of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) (collectively, the “Prize”). Actual Retail Value $500.00. Prize does not include any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed. Prize is non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except as set forth herein in these rules or at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. If Prize is unavailable, Prize Provider reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Control Card may be subject to fees and Prize Provider’s terms that may reduce the winnings. Funds do not expire. The Winner may be required to provide Sponsor and Prize Provider with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the Prize will be awarded for tax reporting. In the event Winner does not properly claim his or her Prize, including providing all information required by Sponsor or Prize Provider for such Prize as set
forth below, then such Winner shall be disqualified and another Winner of such Prize shall be selected.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: The potential Winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor on or about March 3, 2014 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the Winner in its sole discretion and its decision is final and binding.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release, and any other applicable documents sent by Sponsor within ten (10) days of notification. Failure to return documents as specified or if Prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential Winner will be selected. Entrants must maintain accurate contact information (i.e., email, mailing address and phone number) with Prize Provider or Sponsor (for entrants who enter via mail). For those potential Winners who are not Control Card® holders, but who return the Affidavit of Liability, Publicity Release, and other required documentation and are mailed checks, if the checks are not cashed within 30 days of receipt, entrant will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected. Where permitted by law, Winner agrees to grant to the Released Parties and their licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by the Released Parties. Failure to grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate potential Winner will be selected. Further, by accepting a Prize, the Winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, and their parents, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in any sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND THEIR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPERESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS
TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or Website, to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in New York County, New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the state of New York without regards for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, nor consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the Winners, available after March 17, 2014, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “The Being Mary Jane Love Yourself Sweepstakes,” One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winner.
9. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.