"Be A Part of Chris Brown’s BET Awards ‘13 Performance" Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER U.S. COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), OPEN TO AGES 18-25 YEARS OF AGE, AMATEURS ONLY, PROFESSIONAL DANCERS PROHIBITED
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must have an active Skype account prior to entering and shall not register for a Skype account for the sole purpose of participating in this Contest. This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. commonwealths, territories, and possessions) 18-25 YEARS OF AGE as of June 18, 2013. This contest is open to amateurs only: professional dancers are prohibited from entry and consideration. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“BET”), Sony Music Entertainment, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this contest or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. The Contest Entities reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this contest. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 6:00 p.m. EDT June 18, 2013 and ends at 11:00 p.m. EDT June 21, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, log on to www.BET.com/dancewithchrisbrown using your BET.com registered account, then upload your original video showing us your best “Fine China” performance. The video must comply with the following guidelines:
a) Must be no more than two minutes (2:00) in length;
b) Must be in the format specified on the contest page;
b) Must feature the entrant only;
c) Must not infringe upon any copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights;
d) Must not contain any music other than Chris Brown’s “Fine China”;
e) Must not contain any obscene, profane or other objectionable words; sexually explicit or derogatory lyrics, images or gestures; or objectionable content of any form; and
f) Must not mock, ridicule or disparage Contest Entities, or their products or services, or any ethnic, religious or national group, gender, or sexual orientation.
By submitting a video in the contest, the entrant represents and warrants to the Contest Entities that he/she is between 18 and 25 years of age at the time of entry, a registered user of BET.com, is the only person appearing in the video, and is the copyright owner of the video content or is otherwise licensed to use such content. If the video does not adhere to all of the above guidelines, the entry will be disqualified. The Contest Entities reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant that violates these guidelines.
The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. The Contest Entities reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate the promotion, in whole or in part, by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by the Contest Entities. Should the contest be modified, suspended or terminated as aforesaid, the prize will nevertheless be awarded from among all eligible entries received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person.
In addition, by submitting an entry in this contest, each entrant: (i) WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT THE ENTRANT IS THE INDIVIDUAL PICTURED AND HEARD IN THE ENTRY; (ii) WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT HIS/HER ENTRY, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ANY AUTHORIZED ASSETS CONTAINED THEREIN: (a) IS ORIGINAL TO THE ENTRANT, HAS BEEN LEGALLY OBTAINED AND CREATED, AND THAT THE ENTRANT OWNS ALL
4. PRIZE: One (1) winner (the “Winner”) will have the opportunity to be a part of Chris Brown’s performance at this year’s “BET Awards ‘13” scheduled to air on Sunday, June 30, 2013 by way of virtual participation via Skype. Prize does not include any other prizes or expenses not specifically listed herein. Prize package has no cash redemption value. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities. If the Prize, or any portion of the Prize is unavailable, the Contest Entities reserve the right to substitute that prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Prize will be awarded, provided it is properly claimed.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) potential Winner will be selected on or about June 21, 2013 from amongst all eligible entries received during the Contest Period based on level of excitement, creativity, and energy. BET will notify the potential Winner by phone and/or e-mail on or about June 24, 2013. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted or if he/she is found to be ineligible, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternative potential winner will be selected by the Contest Entities, in their sole discretion.
The Contest Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the BET.com web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regards for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, nor consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of prize winner(s), available after June 30, 2013, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Be A Part of Chris Brown’s BET Awards ‘13’s Performance” Contest to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018