“Rolling with Ford AND the BET Awards Contest”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 18 YEARS OR OLDER as of May 28, 2013. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”), Ford Motor Company (“Ford”), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter or win. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any claims, demands, judgments, legal proceedings, causes of action, lawsuits, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees and legal costs), fines, penalties, injury, loss, death, damage, action, or other liability that may occur from the contest (or any element thereof), entrant’s participation in this contest or from the acceptance, receipt, possession, travel related to, delivery, defect, inability to use, misuse, non-use or use of any prize (or component thereof) awarded, or travel related to, participation or attendance at any contest-related event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this contest. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 6:00 p.m. EDT May 28, 2013 and ends at 6:00 p.m. EDT June 13, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, log on to www.bet.com/RollWithFord, and upload an original sixty second (00:60) video showing and telling us why you should be a guest of Ford’s for the “BET Awards.” Released Parties assume no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the contest in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. Should the contest be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4 below) will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person per email address.
4. PRIZE: One (1) winner (“Winner”) will receive a 3 day/2 night trip for two (2) to the “BET Awards” scheduled on June 30, 2013 in Los Angeles, California for an opportunity to be Ford’s guest on the red carpet and in the Ford Hot Spot Room; Winner will also receive an additional prize which will be revealed to the Winner at the “BET Awards.” The prize package includes (i) round trip coach class airfare from the major gateway airport closest to the Winner’s residence to Los Angeles; (ii) hotel accommodations for two (2) nights at a hotel selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion (one (1) double occupancy room, room and tax only); (iii) round trip ground transportation while in Los Angeles to and from the airport, hotel (if necessary), and awards show (if necessary); (iv) two (2) tickets to the “BET Awards”; and (v) additional prize to be revealed to Winner at the “BET Awards” (collectively, the “Prize”). Approximate Retail Value $35,000.00 USD, inclusive of all sales tax. Actual retail value will depend on the Winner’s state of residence. The difference between the Approximate Retail Value and actual retail value will not be awarded. Prize does not include any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Restrictions may apply. Prize package has no cash redemption value and must be taken during the period June 28 – July 1, 2013. Any federal and state taxes, insurance, licensing, registration, and title fees on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner will be required to provide his/her Social Security Number so that an IRS Form 1099 may be issued on the value of the Prize. The Prize is awarded as-is without warranty except with respect to any applicable manufacturer limited warranties. No substitution or transfer of Prize is permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Released Parties. If a prize is unavailable, the Released Parties reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) potential Winner will be selected by a group of judges selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion on June 17, 2013 based on their enthusiasm, audience engagement, and personality demonstrated in their video from among all eligible entries received by 6:00 p.m. EDT June 13, 2013 and will appear “live” on the “106 & Park” Red Carpet Pre-Show on June 30, 2013. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the potential Winner in its sole discretion. Sponsor will notify the potential Winner by phone and/or e-mail on or about June 17, 2013.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, and any other documents sent by Sponsor within three (3) days of notification. Failure to return the documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in the entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Where permitted by law, the Winner agrees to grant to the Released Parties and their licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Winner’s name, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and contest purposes solely in connection with this contest and for no other reason without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity related to the contest, which use may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews related to the contest as may be determined by the Released Parties. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected. While not obligated to do so, Sponsor may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate for the Winner to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties, from any and all claims, demands, judgments, liability, legal proceedings, causes of action, lawsuits, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees and legal costs), fines, penalties, injury, loss, death, damage, action, or other liability, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, receipt, possession, travel related to, delivery defect, inability to use, misuse, non-use or use of any prize (or component thereof) awarded, the contest (or any element thereof), or travel related to, participation or attendance at any contest-related event. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, available after June 28, 2013, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “BET Awards Ford Contest” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
10.SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018
11. CO-PRIZE PROVIDER: Ford Motor Company, One American Road, Dearborn, MI 48126