NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) WHO ARE AT LEAST 15 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: IF AN INDIVIDUAL IS DEEMED A MINOR IN HIS/HER JURISDICTION, HE/SHE MUST OBTAIN THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION PRIOR TO ENTERING. The #BETINSTASTAR presented by Coca-Cola Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) who are at least 15 years of age or older as of May 2, 2016. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and household members (whether related or not) of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor"), The Coca-Cola Company, and their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) involved in this Contest are not eligible. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, promotional partners, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this Contest or from the possession, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, misappropriation, false association, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action and/or breach of contract. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Released Parties are not responsible if the Contest cannot take place or if the Prize (defined below) cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other causes outside of the Released Parties reasonable control.
3. TIMING: The Contest begins on May 2, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on May 16, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period").
4. HOW TO ENTER: ENTRANT MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF ENTERING THIS CONTEST. To submit an entry:
(a) You must follow @BET on Instagram; and
(b) Through your Instagram account, upload an original photo of yourself holding a Coca-Cola® bottle or can with a relevant song lyric that describes someone you want to share your experience with at the 2016 “BET Awards; include in the caption the hashtags #BETINSTASTAR and #Contest (the “Submission”).
Submissions must adhere to the following guidelines in order to be eligible:
· Must feature entrant only;
· Must include the hashtag #BETINSTASTAR and #Contest;
· Must include the name and relationship of the person you want to share your experience with at the 2016 “BET Awards” and why you chose him/her based on the song lyric (For example, if the lyric on the bottle or can is “Lean On Me” then a sample explanation would be “Sharing this song with my friend Kathy who I can lean on any time #BETinstastar” #Contest);
· Must not contain material which is (or promote activities which are), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created in their application; and
· Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement such as third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures.
Log on to www.bet.com/instastar to view the Official Rules.
LIMIT: One (1) Submission per person.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by Instagram. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Sponsor will select five (5) potential finalists (the “Finalist(s)”) from among all eligible entries received based on the originality, creativity, and entertainment value of their Submission on or about May 23, 2016. The Finalists must submit an original video of themselves stating why they deserve to be the next BET Instastar using the lyric “I’m Feeling Like a Star” from the Jason Derulo song “Ridin’ Solo” who they would like to bring to the 2016 “BET Awards” and why based on the Coca-Cola® bottle or can they chose in their Submission by May 27, 2016. Video must adhere to the following guidelines:
· Must feature Finalist only;
· Must be one minute (1:00) in length;
· Must include the song lyric “I’m Feeling Like A Star” from the Jason Derulo song “Ridin’ Solo”;
· Must not include any sexually explicit, obscene, dangerous or derogatory material; and
· Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement such as third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, sculptures, or music.
The Finalists’ video will be posted on the Contest page located at www.bet.com/instastar from May 31-June 3, 2016 for users to vote on their favorite Finalist. Votes must be received by 3:00 p.m. ET on June 3, 2016. The Finalist with the most cumulative votes received will be selected as the potential winner (the “Winner”) on or about June 3, 2016. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to prospective voters, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Use of script, macro or any automated system to vote or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process is prohibited and all such votes will be void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to nullify all votes obtained via such means and to disqualify responsible entrants from further voting or participation in the Contest. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the Finalists and Winner in its sole discretion which shall be final and binding. Sponsor will notify the potential Finalists and Winner by social media direct messaging, phone and/or e-mail. The potential Finalists will have forty-eight (48) hours to reply or he/she is disqualified and an alternate potential Finalist will be selected.
6. WINNER REQUIREMENTS: The potential Winner and his/her travel companion will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”) and any other required documents within three (3) days of receipt in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential Winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residency, his/her parent or legal guardian must complete and return the Affidavit on his/her behalf. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or unavailable to travel during the timeframe specified herein, he/she forfeits the Prize. If a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. PRIZE: One (1) Winner will receive a 4 day/3 night trip for two (2) to the “BET Awards” scheduled on June 26, 2016 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, CA for an opportunity to co-present the Coca-Cola Viewers’ Choice Award. The prize package includes (i) round-trip coach class airfare from the major gateway airport closest to the Winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Los Angeles; (ii) hotel accommodations for three (3) nights at a hotel selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion (one (1) double occupancy room, room and tax only); (iii) round-trip ground transportation while in Los Angeles to and from the airport and hotel; (iv) two (2) tickets to the “BET Awards” selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion; (v) Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00), to be awarded in the form of a check or other monetary instrument (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and (vi) one (1) video-enabled device which must be used to capture the Winner’s experience leading up to and during the “BET Awards” (collectively, the “Prize”). Approximate Retail Value $7,000.00. Actual retail value depends on the Winner’s place of residence. Video will become the property of the Released Parties. The Released Parties can broadcast and use the video in any way throughout the world in perpetuity and shall not be obligated to use the video. The Winner shall not have approval rights to the video. If the Winner resides within one hundred (100) miles of the Los Angeles area, he/she will receive ground transportation in lieu of air transportation. The Prize package has no cash redemption value and must be taken during the period June 24-27, 2016. The Winner and his/her travel companion (who must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of travel) must travel on the same itinerary. The Prize does not include any meals, gratuities, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Restrictions and blackout periods may apply to travel and hotel accommodations. Sponsor will not replace the Prize if lost, mutilated, or stolen. The Winner is solely responsible for any federal and state tax obligations related to acceptance of the Prize and will be required to provide his/her social security number and issued a 1099 at the end of the year for tax purposes. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the Prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed and is non-assignable and non-transferable.
In the event the Winner and/or guest engages in behavior during prize travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send the Winner and/or guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Winner and/or guest (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in such Winner’s disqualification from the Contest and forfeiture of any the Prize or a component thereof). In the event Winner or guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Winner or guest to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Winner or guest as a result of such conduct. RELEASED PARTIES (defined below) shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the Prize or any other aspect of Winner’s or Guest’s acceptance or use of the Prize.
9. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify Winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its respective designees may use the Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). The Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. The Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a federal or state court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, available after June 1, 2016, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018, Attention: “#BETINSTASTAR presented by Coca-Cola Contest.” Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
14. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. For the sake of clarity, The Coca-Cola Company is neither a sponsor nor responsible for the administration of the Contest.
© 2016 Black Entertainment Television LLC. All rights reserved.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram.