Read these tips to make the most out of your first day at the BET Experience!
Welcome to day one of the BET Experience! Get ready for a weekend full of celebs, food, giveaways, games, concerts and more! Make sure you review our Experience Schedule so that you know what's happening when, and don't forget to review the Experience Map to know where all events are located.
This is the first ever BET Experience, and we're all excited to get the party started, but before we do be sure to read these top five things that everyone should know before arriving:
1. It’s going to be incredibly hot outside, approaching 90 degrees. Luckily the Fan Fest is hydrated by Coke and Sprite, so there will be ice cold Dasani and Powerade on hand, for free! There are also multiple tents set up throughout the Fan Fest area providing plenty of cool shade for everyone.
2. Security will be TIGHT! As a result you won’t be able to bring glass, cans, cups, coolers, or outside food or beverages into Fan Fest. Free beverages courtesy of Coke and Sprite will be available, and food will also be available for purchase in the Taste of Soul food pavilion.
3. We’ve already mentioned heat, but it’s so hot that it’s worth mentioning again. While the Fan Fest area has many tents that provide cover, the majority of it is outside, so we suggest you bring sunscreen.
4. While the Fan Fest takes place in lots 6 and 7 of L.A. Live, you won’t be able to get in without your wristband, which you can pick up first at Petree Hall in the L.A. Convention Center starting at 10a.m. Click here to see where Petree Hall is on the map.
5. All of the Fan Fest activities are free! However, you can’t attend any of them unless you sign up to attend!
(Photos from Left to Right: Sondra B / BET Digital, Derrick Salters/WENN.com, Daniel Boczarski/Getty Images for BET)