“BET Hip Hop Awards Text to Win Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER U.S. COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. commonwealths, territories and possessions) 21 YEARS OR OLDER as of October 11, 2013. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. This sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: This sweepstakes begins at 6:00 p.m. EDT October 11, 2013 and ends at 1:00 a.m. EDT October 13, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There are two (2) years to enter. (1) To enter, you must visit a BET projection location (log on to www.bet.com/hiphopprojections to find a BET projection location nearest you) to get the appropriate code for your location, then text to 79922. (2) Alternate Method of Entry: Mail-in a postcard with your full name, complete mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the appropriate location code to: BET Networks, Attention: Hip Hop Awards Projection Sweepstakes, 1540 Broadway, 28-409, 28th Floor,
New York, NY 10036.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the promotion in whole or in part, including these Official Rules, by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. Should the promotion be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4 below) will nevertheless be awarded from correct eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person.
4. PRIZE: One (1) winner per location (the “Winner(s)”) will receive two (2) tickets to the “BET Hip Hop Awards” tentatively scheduled on September 27, 2014 in Atlanta, Georgia. Sponsor reserves the right to change the event date and/or location. The prize package includes (a) round-trip coach class airfare from the major gateway airport closest to the Winner’s residence to Atlanta, Georgia; (b) hotel accommodations for two (2) nights (one (1) double occupancy room selected solely by Sponsor, room and tax only); (c) round-trip ground transportation while in Atlanta to and from the airport, hotel, and awards show; and (d) two (2) tickets to the awards show (collectively, the “Prize”). If a Winner resides within one hundred (100) miles of the Atlanta area, he/she will receive round-trip ground transportation to and from his/her residence in lieu of round-trip coach class airfare. Approximate Total Retail Value (ARV) $3,000.00. Actual retail value will depend on the Winner’s place of residence. Prize does not include any meals, gratuities, ticket administrative fee and travel taxes, and any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and must travel on the same itinerary as the Winner. Travel times, dates and accommodations subject to availability and scheduling; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Prize package has no cash redemption value and must be taken during the period September 26 – 28, 2014. If a Winner is unavailable to travel on the specified dates, Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Winners will be required to provide his/her social security number for tax purposes and issued a 1099 at the end of the year. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the Prize, or any portion of the Prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that Prize or portion of the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All Prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed and are non-assignable and non-transferable.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) potential Winner per location will be randomly selected by Sponsor on or about October 17, 2013 from amongst all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the Winners in its sole discretion whose decision is final and binding. Sponsor will notify the potential Winners by phone and/or e-mail on or about October 18, 2013.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Winners and his/her travel companion will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release, W-9 form, and any other required documents within seven (7) days of notification. Failure to return these documents and information, if unavailable to travel during the specified timeframe, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in the disqualification of the Winner and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The Winners agree to grant to Sponsor and Sponsor’s licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, their name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsor. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsor may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deem appropriate for the Winner to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the Winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSOR, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account or mobile account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account or mobile account used to enter the sweepstakes at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned a mobile account or an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning mobile numbers, email addresses, or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winners, available after December 31, 2013, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “BET Hip Hop Awards Text to Win Sweepstakes” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting the name of the winner.
9. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.