NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF
COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: ENTRANTS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIAPTING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. This sweepstakes will begin at 6:00 p.m. ET on February 20, 2014 and end at 6:00 p.m. ET on April 29, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, upload a video or photograph, along with a caption (“Entry”) using #LSTConfessional onto your Instagram registered account telling us how and why you and your partner manage to stay together as a couple, as well as any quirks your partner may have. Entry must adhere to the following guidelines:
(i) Must be up to fifteen seconds (00:15) in length if a video;
(ii) Must feature the couple;
(iii) Must include the #LSTConfessional;
(iv) Must be light, romantic and comedic in nature similar to the “Let’s Stay Together” show; and
(v) Must not include any background music, trademarks, logos, profanity, sexually explicit, obscene, dangerous or derogatory material. Sponsor (defined in Section 9 below) assumes no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or mobile phone carrier/service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the sweepstakes in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. Should the sweepstakes be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4 below) will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person/per couple.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 18 YEARS OR OLDER as of February 20, 2014. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. This sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE: One (1) weekly winner (“Weekly Winner(s)”) will receive a love basket consisting of “Let’s Stay Together” branded items such as blanket, candle, chocolates, and “Let’s Stay Together” DVD selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion (“Prize”). Approximate Retail Value $400.00 each. Actual retail value depends on the items selected. The Prize does not include any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Weekly Winner. The Prize has no cash redemption value. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the Prize, or any portion thereof, is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed. The Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: One (1) Weekly Winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor every Monday from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the Weekly Winners in its sole discretion whose decision is final and binding. Sponsor will notify the potential Weekly Winners by phone and/or e-mail, and social media direct messaging immediately following selection.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Weekly Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release and any other required documents within five (5) days of notification. Failure to return these documents, if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential Weekly Winner does not respond within the specified timeframe of being contacted via social media direct messaging, will result in entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential weekly winner may be selected. The Weekly Winners agree to grant to Sponsor and its licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, their Entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsor. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate weekly winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsor may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deem appropriate for the Weekly Winners to each appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the Weekly Winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates,subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSOR, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY COMPUTER, TECHNICAL, TELEPHONE, CABLE, NETWORK, SATELLITE, ELECTRONIC OR INTERNET HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, CONNECTIONS, AVAILABILITY, OR GARBLED OR JUMBLED TRANSMISSIONS, OR MOBILE PHONE CARRIER/SERVICE PROVIDER/INTERNET/WEBSITE/USE NET ACCESSIBILITY OR AVAILABILITY, TRAFFIC CONGESTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION, DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the sweepstakes at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses e-mail, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNERS’S LIST: For the name of the winners, available after May 13, 2014, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Let’s Stay Together Couple of the Week Sweepstakes” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information. 9. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE,Washington, D.C. 20018.