The Soul Train Awards MJ One Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: This sweepstakes begins at 6:00 p.m. EDT on November 11, 2013 and ends at 6:00 p.m. EDT on November 29, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, log on to www.bet.com/MJone, fill-out, and submit the entry form. By entering, entrants consent to the receipt of promotional materials from Sponsors (defined in Section 9 below) unless entrants indicate they choose not to receive such materials. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the sweepstakes in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsors. Should the sweepstakes be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4 below) will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 21 YEARS OR OLDER as of November 11, 2013. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Centric, a division of Black Entertainment Television LLC and Cirque du Soleil (the “Sponsors”), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees ̧ officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this sweepstakes or from the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsors reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE: Ten (10) runner ups (the “Runner Ups”) will receive a MJ One prize pack. Approximate total retail value $300.00. One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will receive a 2 day/1 night trip for two (2) to the Cirque Du Soleil’s “Michael Jackson ONE” show at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada. The prize package includes (i) roundtrip coach class airfare from the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and the major gateway airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to Las Vegas; (ii) hotel accommodations for two (2) nights (one (1) double occupancy room at a hotel to be selected solely by Sponsors, room and tax only); (iii) ground transportation while in Las Vegas to and from the show; and (iv) two (2) tickets to the show. Both prize packages hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Prize.” Approximate retail value $1,850.00. Actual retail value will depend on the Grand Prize Winner’s place of residence.
If the Grand Prize Winner resides within one hundred (100) miles of the Las Vegas area, he/she will receive roundtrip ground transportation to and from his/her residence and hotel in lieu of roundtrip coach class airfare. Prize does not include any meals, gratuities, ticket administrative fee and travel taxes, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Restrictions and blackout periods may apply to travel and hotel accommodations. Prize package has no cash redemption value and can be taken any time in 2014 but no later than December 31, 2014. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any change fees incurred by Sponsors as a result of Grand Prize Winner changing his/her itinerary after booking. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot be available on the
specified dates, Prize will be forfeited and the prize may be awarded to an alternate grand prize winner. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Ten (10) potential Runner Ups and one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected by a computerized random drawing on or about November 30, 2013 from amongst all eligible entries received. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsors. Sponsors shall choose the potential winners in their sole discretion. Sponsors will notify the potential winners on or about December 1, 2013 by phone and/or email.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Runner Ups and potential Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release and any other documents sent by Sponsor within five (5) days of notification. The potential Grand Prize Winner’s travel companion must be 21 years or older. Failure to return the documents as specified, if unavailable to travel during the specified timeframe, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in the entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential grand prize winner may be selected. Where permitted by law, the winners agree to grant to Sponsors and Sponsors’ licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winners name, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsors. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsors may in their sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsors, in their sole discretion, deem appropriate for the winners to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, and their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors,
officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSORS, AND THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE WWW.CENTRICTV.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or Website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of Sponsors’ web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the sweepstakes at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses, or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for the conflict of law principles thereof. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, available after December 24, 2013, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “The Soul Train Awards MJ One Sweepstakes,” One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSORS: Centric, a division of Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018; and Cirque du Soleil, 8400 2E Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, H1Z 4M6 Canada.