“Sunday Best: Race to the Stage Contest”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: CONTEST IS NOT OPEN TO PREVIOUS “SUNDAY BEST” CONTESTANTS. This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 18 YEARS OR OLDER as of June 9, 2015. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC (the “Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this contest or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this contest. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 4:00 p.m. EDT June 9, 2015 and ends at 3:00 p.m. EDT June 19, 2015 (the “Entry Period”) and consists of three (3) phases.
Phase 1: During the Entry Period, log on to www.bet.com/SundayBest and upload an original video singing acapella (the “Entry”). The Entry must adhere to the following guidelines:
Must feature entrant only;
Must feature one of the following cleared public domain songs:
1. “Every Time I Feel The Spirit”
2. “Hold to God's Unchanging Hand”
3. “Mary Don't You Weep”
4. “Never Alone”
5. “Oh How I Love Jesus”
6. “Power in the Blood”
7. “Precious Lord”
8. “Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us”
9. “Since Jesus Came Into My Heart”
10. “When We All Get to Heaven”
11. “You Must Be Born Again”
12. “I Surrender All”
Must be no more than one minute and thirty seconds (1:30) in
Must not include any sexually explicit, obscene, dangerous or
Must not include any background music or instruments; and
Must not contain material that violates or infringes upon another
person’s rights, including, but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Entry must not include any third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures.
Phase 2: On or about June 26, 2015, Sponsor will select the top ten (10) finalists (the “Finalists”) from amongst all eligible entries received during the Entry Period based on (i) vocal ability – 25%, (ii) vocal creativity – 25%, (iii) stage presence – 25%, and (iv) gospel ministry – 25%.
Phase 3: The Finalists’ video will be posted on the contest webpage during the period July 19-August 20, 2015 for users to vote for their favorite Finalist. The
Finalist with the most cumulative votes will be selected as the winner (the “Winner”) on or about August 21, 2015.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the promotion in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. Should the contest be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4) will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person.
4. PRIZES: Ten (10) Finalists will receive a 3 day/2 night trip for one (1) to New York City, New York to work with a “Sunday Best” judge or Gospel music professional selected in BET’s sole discretion on his/her performance which will be taped, along with any other show content. The prize package includes (i) round-trip coach class airfare from the major gateway airport closest to the Finalist’s residence to New York; (ii) hotel accommodations for two (2) nights at a hotel selected solely by Sponsor (one (1) single occupancy room, room and tax only); and (iii) ground transportation while in New York to and from the airport, hotel, and taping. If the Finalist resides within one hundred (100) miles of the New York area, he/she will receive ground or rail transportation in lieu of round-trip coach class airfare. Approximate retail value $1,600.00 each. Actual retail value will depend on the Finalist’s place of residence. Prize package has no cash redemption value and must be taken during the period July 13-15, 2015. If a Finalist cannot be available on the specified dates, prize will be forfeited and may
be awarded to an alternate winner. The prize does not include any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Any federal and state taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Restrictions and blackout periods may apply to travel and hotel accommodations. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
One (1) Winner will receive the opportunity to perform live on the “Sunday Best” finale scheduled on August 30, 2015 in Atlanta, Georgia. The prize package includes (i) round-trip coach class airfare from the major gateway airport closest to the Winner’s residence to Atlanta; (ii) hotel accommodations for two (2) nights at a hotel selected solely by Sponsors (one (1) double occupancy room, room and tax only); (iii) ground transportation while in Atlanta to and from the airport, hotel, and taping; and (iv) One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00). If the Winner resides within one hundred (100) miles of the Atlanta area, he/she will receive ground transportation in lieu of round-trip coach class airfare. Approximate retail value $2,600.00. Actual retail value will depend on the Winner’s place of residence. The prize does not include any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Any federal and state taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Restrictions and blackout periods may apply to travel and hotel accommodations. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize package has no cash redemption value and must be taken during the period August 29-31, 2015. If the Winner cannot be available on the specified dates, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Ten (10) potential Finalists will be selected by Sponsor on or about June 26, 2015 from amongst all eligible entries received during the Entry Period based on (i) vocal ability – 25%, (ii) vocal creativity – 25%, (iii) stage presence – 25%, and (iv) gospel ministry – 25%. All Finalists are subject to a background check in order to confirm their participation as a Finalist. The Finalists’ video will be posted on the contest webpage during the period July 19 – August 20, 2015 for users to vote for their favorite Finalist. The Finalist with the most cumulative votes will be selected as the Winner on or about August 21, 2015. The voting process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the Finalists and Winner in its sole discretion whose decision is final and binding. Sponsor will notify the potential Finalist and Winner by phone and/or e-mail.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Finalists and Winner’s chosen travel companion will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release and any other documents sent by Sponsor within three (3) days of notification. Failure to return the documents as specified, if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if unable to travel during the specified timeframes will result in the entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential Finalist may be selected. Where permitted by law, the Finalists and Winner agree to grant to Sponsor and Sponsor’s licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, his/her video clip, name, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsor. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate potential finalist or winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsor may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deem appropriate for the Finalists and Winner to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the prize, the Finalists and Winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, available after August 21, 2015, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Sunday Best: Race to the Stage Contest” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.
TRENDING IN SHOWS