Tyler Perry's father made it out of his Los Angeles home just in time after it was engulfed in flames started by what fire officials are suspecting to be electrical issues.
According to WBRZ, Emmitt Perry's Greensburg home burned down to the ground on Monday night with Fire Districts arriving at the residence to clear the fire at around 8 p.m.
"I heard something popping in the attic," Perry said. "I went upstairs and let the [attic] stairs down. I couldn't smell any smoke. I didn't see anything burning."
Perry said it wasn't until he went outside that he noticed the fire from the clouds of smoke billowing near his chimney.
"I then went to call the fire department, and my daughter was coming in the gate," he said. "And she said, 'I already called them.'"
According to witnesses, the fire was visible from several miles away from the residence. More than 50 firefighters and thousands of gallons of water were needed to control the flames.
"I made it out alive," he said. "If it wouldn't have happened then, me and my daughter would've probably been in there, and we would have burned up."
(Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
TRENDING IN CELEBS