'Bachelor' Contestant Breaks His Silence on Sexual Assault Scandal

BACHELORETTE 13 - "Episode 1301" - Accomplished Texas attorney Rachel Lindsay takes a recess from the courtroom to start her search for happily ever after in the 13th edition of ABC's hit series, "The Bachelorette," premiering at a special time, MONDAY, MAY 22 (9:01-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network. (Photo: ABC/Paul Hebert)
DEMARIO, KENNETH

'Bachelor' Contestant Breaks His Silence on Sexual Assault Scandal

DeMario Jackson accused of "misconduct" against female star.

Published June 15, 2017

The Bachelor in Paradise turned into a giant nightmare for two contestants, DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios

Scandal broke behind the scenes of the show last week when production sources, and then Olympios herself, accused Jackson of sexually assaulting her while the two were in the pool on the set of the show. What was initially described as inappropriate behavior between two cast members getting carried away quickly turned into something worse when it was revealed that Olympios might have been drunk to the point of unconsciousness during the sexual contact.

Now, for the first time, Jackson is speaking out in his own defense.

“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” the 30-year-old said in a statement to People magazine. “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”

According to a source close to Jackson, the BiP star “has been in high spirits” since the investigation and is confident his reputation will soon be cleared.

“He certainly isn’t the man he’s being portrayed to be,” a source says. “It’s hard for his loved ones to sit and watch most of the slanderous accusations and comments from individuals who don’t know anything about who he is. I think the truth may tell [a] different story than what’s been reported thus far.”

So far, no criminal action has been taken in the case, though the legal battle is just beginning and is sure to be ugly.

Get the back story on the Bill Cosby trial with BET Breaks, above.

Written by Evelyn Diaz

(Photo: ABC/Paul Hebert)

COMMENTS

Latest in celebs