“BET’s Teleplay Script Writing Contest” --- Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER U.S. COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. commonwealths, territories, and possessions) who are 18 YEARS OR OLDER as of May 18, 2012. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC (the “Sponsor”), Urbanworld Foundation, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this contest or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this contest. Sponsor further reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these rules as necessary. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 6:00 p.m. EDT May 18, 2012 and ends at 6:00 p.m. EDT June 18, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, log on to www.urbanworld.org, download the Submission Agreement, then submit your script and an executed Submission Agreement either (1) via e-mail to the address located on the website, or (2) via mail to the attention of: “BET’s Teleplay Script Writing Contest”, Black Entertainment Television LLC, 555 West 57th Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10019. Only the first two hundred (200) eligible entries will be reviewed. Entries must be postmarked by June 18, 2012.
The script must comply with the following standards:
a) Must be between thirty (30) and forty-five (45) pages in length and in a proper script format;
b) Must be in PDF format if submitted by email;
c) Must be 100% original and not infringe upon any copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of third parties;
d) Must not mock, ridicule or disparage Sponsor, or its products or services, or any ethnic, religious or national group, gender, or sexual orientation; and
e) Must not be currently under development at a network, studio or major production company.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, mail, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the contest by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. Should the contest be modified, suspended or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined below) will nevertheless be awarded from among all eligible entries received prior to (or after, if applicable) the modification, suspension or termination and in accordance with these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE: One (1) winner (the “Winner”) will receive Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) in the form of a BET check (the “Prize”). Actual Retail Value $5,000.00. Any federal and state taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Prize will be awarded, provided it is properly claimed.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) potential Winner will be selected by a group of judges selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion on or about July 20, 2012 based on originality, creativity, and scope of content from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The Winner will be announced at the Urbanworld Film Festival on or about September 19, 2012 during the Awards Brunch. If the potential Winner cannot be reached after reasonable efforts have been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible of if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor and the judges shall choose the Winner in their sole discretion whose decision is final and binding.
Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or Website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in New York County, New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the state of New York without regards for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, nor consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, available after September 23, 2012, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “BET’s Teleplay Script Writing Contest” to the attention of: Shekila Ferguson, 555 West 57th Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10019. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winner.
9. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.
TRENDING IN CELEBS