Ever since the first Bad Boy reunion show in Brooklyn was announced, fans across the world had been clamoring about the possibility of reliving earlier years of glory. Since the initial announcement, Diddy’s revealed a full tour set to begin in August, which met even more fanfare.
Not everyone’s happy though. A few of Bad Boy’s former artists had a few words to say about who was included and more. Acts like Da Band, B5 and Diddy Dirty Money weren’t invited on the tour as Dustin Michael of B5 spoke about the snub.
“We just felt like our relationship [with Diddy] was better than that,” Michael told Rollingout. Sara Stokes of Da Band also staked her claim as to why her entity should’ve been included. “We made history with Diddy on Making the Band and pretty much opened the doors for all the other reality shows,” she said. Babs Bunny of the same group disagrees though, and says she’d even buy a ticket to see the historic show in her city.
As previously reported, Faith Evans, Lil Kim, Ma$e, 112, the LOX, Carl Thomas, Total, French Montana and Mario Winans, are all slated to perform with Diddy during the tour, which kicks off in Columbus, Ohio, on August 25. “This isn’t just a concert — this is a moment in hip-hop and R&B history,” Diddy said during the tour’s announcement.
Over the weekend, the initial Bad Boy Reunion shows, which were pinned as separate from the tour, took place in Brooklyn. Perhaps the pinnacle moment was when Jay Z appeared onstage with Puff for a coming together of two hip-hop legends.
Should B5, Da Band and Day 26 have been included on the tour? Let us know below in the comment section.
(Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for Live Nation)
TRENDING IN MUSIC