Beyoncé And Jay-Z Deny Involvement In Hurricane Benefit Concert

NEW YORK, NY - MAY 04:  Beyonce and Jay Z attend the 'China: Through The Looking Glass' Costume Institute Benefit Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 4, 2015 in New York City.  (Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images)

Beyoncé And Jay-Z Deny Involvement In Hurricane Benefit Concert

A rep for the singer has denied all reports.

Published September 22, 2017

Sorry BeyHive, but Beyoncé's first concert post-childbirth won't be happening as soon as anticipated.

Despite initial reports claiming that Bey would be teaming up with Jay-Z for a benefit concert in support of victims of Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma, a rep for the singer has confirmed otherwise. 

According to the NY Daily News, Bey's team has fully denied a report from US Weekly claiming that a fundraising concert would take place at the Barclay's Center on Oct. 17. Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Tidal did confirm that the streaming service's annual concert will be taking place.

"TIDAL will be hosting our annual benefit concert with details to soon follow," the rep said. "We have not announced or confirmed any line up or partner organizations, but stay tuned."

Earlier this month, Bey participated in the Hand in Hand telethon, which raised over $40 million for Houston evacuees. Additionally, the Lemonade singer along with her family and Trae the Truth distributed meals to hurricane victims at St. John's Church. “Y’all are my family. Houston is my home,” Bey told evacuees. “I thank God that you’re safe, your children are safe.” 

Take a look at some of the heartwarming moments below. 

#HoUSton #BeyGOOD (click link in bio) | 📸 @larartstudio

A post shared by Beylite (@beylite) on

Written by Kai Miller

(Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images)

COMMENTS

Latest in music