Posted Aug. 13, 2007 -- Black denim was the rage for a while. White was this summer’s hit. Now the talk is about skinny shapes in dark shades. Face it. You can’t hide from skinnies. They are the original rock’n’roll jeans and have been around since the 60s. But more than that, they hug the body in a way that leggings do. If leggings are popular this fall, as they seem to be, then why not skinny jeans!
:: AD ::
SKINNY/STRAIGHT LEG JEANS
Pretty much anything goes when it comes to washes. This fall expect to see more dark and earth-tone colors. When finding a good lookin’ pair, the wash is least important. Spend most of your time in the dressing room trying each pair on. A perfect fit is a must! Avoid bunching at the knees and ankles. HINT: Try on your jeans with a high heel.
WHERE TO FIND ‘EM
Find many versions of this hot trend at: Miss Sixty, Levi’s, French Connection, and Guess in a range of prices. Just be sure you try them on with access to a full-length mirror and a back view.
Here are 5 jeans to avoid.
1. Too Long Jeans – Walking on the inside of your jeans is a no-no and a safety hazard. Get a tailor before you trip and bust your … you know the rest.
2. Artfully Torn Jeans – Worn-in is worn out. Move on to more polished styles for fall.
3. Bejeweled Jeans – The days of rhinestones are long over; unless they’re splashed on your sidekick. Basically, get your bling fix somewhere else. Crafty jeans are out of step with fall’s simple, dark styles.
4. Super Low-Rise Jeans – Luckily for most women, waistlines are on the rise. Toss those tired hip-huggers to the side.
5. Wardrobe Malfunction Jeans – No one wants to see that thong, tha, thong, thong, thong. TMI!