Updated Jan. 22, 2007 – Don’t take anything for granted. Every little bit counts, even chasing around your kids!
You may find it hard to believe, but you can burn hundreds of calories by engaging in your day to day activities. It’s not always what you do, but how much and how often you do it.
The following simple exercises can be included as a part of your daily exercise regime. The number of calories burned during an activity depends both on your weight as well as the intensity in which you exercise. The estimates are for the number of calories burned for an average 150 pound person during an hour of activity.
1. If you are walking briskly, expect to burn about 300 calories.
2. Basketball is a great way to spend calories. We have all seen how the pro players sweat! You can burn well over 450 calories like this.
3. If you have to clean your house, why not do it with optimism? Light cleaning consumes about 240 calories an hour.
4. Do you have a green thumb? Well, your love might have some unexpected positive side effects. Gardening uses about 324 calories!
5. Golfing on the weekends is a favorite pastime of many. It bursh 385 calories if you carry your clubs! Fore!
6. Put a stationary bike in front of the television. You’ll be burning 380 calories an hour while you catch up on the latest news.
7. Are you a fan of the aerobics class at the local gym? You should be, because this activity uses 405 calories for just an hour of sweating.
8. Also, that elliptical trainer can burn an amazing 650 an hour!!
9. Even ping-pong has healthy benefits! This activity uses up 280 per hour.
10. Any person with children knows that chasing after these little ones can burn calories. The number probably depends on just how wild that kid is, but that can certainly count.
Hey, if nothing else, even sleeping burns calories. You’ll be using up 45 for just an hour! But that’s not an excuse to take a nap instead of exercising!
This article appears courtesy of BlackDoctor.org. Click here for more on Black health from BlackDoctor.org.