NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 6pm ET March 20, 2008, and ends at 6pm ET May 11, 2008. To enter the contest via BET.com, log on to www.BET.com/contests and enter the registration information. Click on "Enter Contest" and fill-out and submit the entry form. Each entrant, who must be male and over the age of 18, will upload a photo of himself and provide a short essay that explains his style and what should make him the winner of the "Man of Style Search Contest." All submissions must be received between 6pm ET on March 20, 2008 and 6pm ET on April 4, 2008. By submitting a photo in the Contest, the Entrant represents and warrants to the Sponsor that the Entrant is 18 years of age or older on the date of submission and is the only person appearing in the photo. If more than one person appears in the photo, the entry will be disqualified. After BET.com selects the top ten (10) Entrants, the BET.com audience will select the Grand Prize Winner by voting for their favorite candidate. By entering, entrants consent to the receipt of promotional email materials from sponsors. Sponsor, as defined in Section 9 of these Official Rules, assumes no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the promotion by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. Should promotion be modified, suspended or terminated as aforesaid, the Grand Prize will nevertheless be awarded from all eligible entries received prior to (or after, if applicable) and in accordance with these Official Rules.
:: AD ::
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories, and possessions) 18 YEARS OR OLDER as of March 20, 2008. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of The Gillette Company, Black Entertainment Television, LLC and BET Interactive, LLC, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective parent companies,
affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees¸ officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this Contest or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this Contest. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a Gillette grooming pack which includes a spa package, Gillette products and a gift certificate. Approximate retail value $1,000. If Winner cannot be available on any specified dates, prize will be forfeited and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Any federal and state taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If prize or any portion of a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded, provided properly claimed.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: The period for entry submissions is from 6 pm ET on March 20, 2008 through 6pm ET on April 4, 2008. By 6pm ET on April 14, 2008, BET, in its sole discretion, will select the top 10 Entrants from among all of the submissions and will showcase the top 10 Entrants on BET.com. The top 10 Entrants will be selected based on their style, attitude, and substance. Between 6pm ET on April 14, 2008 and 6pm ET on May 5, 2008, the BET.com audience will select the winner by voting for the favorite candidate from among the top ten Entrants. The Entrant receiving the highest number of cumulative votes will be declared the Grand Prize Winner on BET.com on May 5, 2008 by 6pm. Between May 5, 2008 and May 11, 2008, BET.com will feature a photo gallery and interview of the Grand Prize Winner. In the event that there is more than one (1) person who has the highest number of cumulative votes, BET will conduct a random drawing of the people with the highest number of cumulative votes to choose a Grand Prize Winner. Sponsor will notify the Grand Prize
Winner by phone and/or email after the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he is found to be ineligible or if he or the contest entrant cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and the alternative potential winner will be the Top Ten Entrant who received the next largest number of votes from the BET.com audience (subject to that Entrant meeting the foregoing conditions).
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the District of Columbia having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the District of Columbia without regards for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, nor consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of prize winner(s), available after June 11, 2008, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "Man of Style Search Contest" to BET.com, 810 Seventh Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10019. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSOR: BET Interactive, LLC, 810 Seventh Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10019 and The Gillette Company. Additional sponsors may be added and covered under the conditions of the Contest Rules.
10. PRIVACY: The information provided for Internet entry will be subject to the Sponsor’s Privacy Policies which can be found at http://site/PrivacyPolicy.
© 2008 BET.com, 810 Seventh Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10019.