Mac & Cheese
Makes 8 servings
Preparation Time: 5 min.
Bake Time: 40-50 min.
2 cups elbow macaroni pasta, uncooked (1/2 of 16 oz. package)
2 cups LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk
1 tbsp. butter
5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
Salt and Pepper (to taste)*
2 cups shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1. PREHEAT oven to 375F.
2. BRING a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
3. ADD elbow macaroni pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is soft. Drain pasta and reserve.
4. HEAT LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk and butter in large saucepan over low heat.
5. WHISK in flour, salt, and pepper gradually and simmer for one minute.
6. REMOVE from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
7. ADD drained elbow macaroni to saucepan and toss to mix.
8. TRANSFER to a baking dish.
9. BAKE uncovered for 20 minutes or until bubbling.
Nutrition Information per serving
Serving size: 1 cup
Exchanges per serving
2 starches, 2 fats
Total Calories: 240
Calories from Fat: 80
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Sodium: 280 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 27g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
* Salt and pepper not included in nutrition information.
TRENDING IN NEWS