Posted July 22, 2008 -- Prepare for your close-up and she’ll get even closer. It's one thing to look cute, but cute and groomed is an added bonus. Here are ten simple steps to keep in mind if you're looking to go from so-so to sure thing.
1. A regular shape-up, trim beard and mustache go a long way. An increasing number of men are making grooming a priority because they want to maintain a youthful appearance and a winning edge.
:: AD ::
2. If you’re going to wear cornrows, keep them neat. R&B singer Omarion makes sure his cornrows stay fresh on the red carpet. If you can’t keep it groomed 24/7, slick it back in a neat ponytail.
3. Balding is another common problem among men. Opting for a comb-over just dates your look. Take a cue from rapper Common and opt for a modern, short haircut, a clean cut or invest in a few fly hats.
4. The fastest way to take years off your look is to get rid of gray hair. Celebrities like Steve Harvey know it’s less noticeable and more natural to begin coloring your hair when you first begin to go gray.
5. Diddy is a firm believer in a good daily skin care routine. Pampering your skin is the best way to prevent wrinkles, acne and sun damage.
6. Good dental hygiene means a dazzling smile. The ladies love a great set of teeth. For some, it’s a requirement.
7. Don’t forget to include your hands and feet in your grooming routine. Well-manicured nails contribute to good hygiene habits. Make time to clip and file your nails at home.
8. It’s great that you’re nursing your flaky, cracked lips to health, but coating your kisser with five layers of petroleum is disgusting. Brush your lips with a soft, dry toothbrush to remove the dead skin and apply a thin coat of lip balm.
9. You don't have to get your shoes polished every morning. However, at least wipe them with a soft cloth if they're looking dusty. And guys, please change your socks everyday, no matter what!
10. You are what you wear and if you're dressed in dingy, wrinkled or unkempt clothes, then guess what that says about you? Take the time to look presentable. First impressions could make a lasting impact on a person.
FAST FACT: Shoes, watches, belt and eye wear can add that extra something to your overall look. Invest in all four.
TRENDING IN NEWS