Ahhh, what a day?
Today’s leading ladies have so much to do in so little time. They’re forced to squeeze working eight or more hours at the office, running errands, staying organized and on top of every little detail in every aspect of their busy lives – family, home, school and community – into one day.
With this type of schedule, there’s no wonder women come home stressed out! Pampering themselves is at the bottom of a long list of priorities. Finding time to relieve stress and relax always sounds like a good idea, but with everything else you have going on, “me time” never gets done.
For your health and your sanity, find time to de-stress. If you don’t, stress will build up and not only make you feel irritable, but will also affect your beauty sleep. Indulge in a little pampering. It’s time for you to give your mind, body and spirit some TLC.
1. Soak away the stresses. Bathing by candlelight can be very relaxing, so make it special. Pour yourself a drink, light some scented candles and run a hot bubble bath. Lay back, meditate and enjoy.
2. Treat yourself to a homemade facial. Fill your sink with boiling water, put your face over the sink and then drape a towel over your head and the sink. Wait for 5-10 minutes, and then splash cold water on your face to close pores. Then use a face mask. Put it on, put 2 slices of cucumber over your eyes and lay back and relax.
3. Invest in a massaging vibrator. Slather yourself with body oil after a hot shower and start by massaging your neck and shoulders. Then move on to other parts of your body, like your thighs and lower back.
4. Make it a mani/pedi night. File your fingernails, push back your cuticles and apply a hot new color on your nails. For your pedicure, soak your feet in a bowl of warm water and lotion. Then, file your toenails and paint them.
5. Turn on the tunes. Play a soothing CD, such as R&B, jazz or classical. Open your mind and let the music rid you of the stress of your day by creating a soothing and relaxing atmosphere.
6. Clean the clutter. Decrease your stress by removing the mess that can interrupt your “me time.” Keeping the bed clean and the surfaces of your dresser and furniture clear will make your sleeping area more comfortable.
7. Watch a movie. Pop the popcorn, pour yourself a drink and spend the next two hours in front of the television watching your favorite flick. No worries, it’s time to think happy thoughts.
8. Have a snack. Food has a great way of often picking you up and making you feel content. Find something creamy, sweet and colorful to snack on, but don’t overdo it. Soup or hot cocoa and cookies are great choices because they’re easy to prepare, light, filling and hot.
9. Exercise. The best antidote to stress is exercise. Spend 20 – 30 minutes every day walking, running or stretching to enjoy maximum relaxation throughout the day. However, exercise initially stimulates the body. Don’t exercise right before going to bed or you won’t be able to fall asleep.
10. Daydream. Kids do it all the time. Turn off the lights, close your eyes and imagine yourself somewhere beautiful. Think pleasant thoughts and be at one with the moment, which is currently yours.
Don’t let another stressful day ruin your night or your Zzzz’s. Pick a pampering idea today to add to the top of your to-do list.
Return to Indulge Me: Rest & Relaxation for more feel good tips.