Suge Knight is looking at six weeks in prison, as lawyers prepare to face off again in his murder case.
The decision came in at his bail hearing Monday (Feb. 9); the rap mogul is to stay behind bars until his next hearing. Both the prosecution and Knight's attorneys sought a delay.
Knight is charged with murder, attempted murder, and hit-and-run for what his lawyers call an accident that took place in a Compton parking lot. Deputy District Attorney Cynthia Barnes said Knight and his defense team might expect evidence that points to a "very large stack of uncharged crimes" when he appears in court again, reports the Associated Press.
His health was also an issue of concern. Knight was hospitalized last week, the second time in six months after he was shot six times. One of his attorneys said he doesn't think he's getting adequate care. However, a judge said the county prison doctors were qualified, and denied him treatment from a personal physician.
Knight pleaded not guilty to the charges. He is due back in court March 20.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: AP Photo/Paul Buck, Pool, File)
TRENDING IN NEWS