Suge Knight isn't doing so well behind bars.
According to the Associated Press, the embattled Death Row Records co-founder revealed in court Monday (March 2) that he’s going blind, is having trouble understanding his murder case, and has fired his lawyers.
Knight faces murder, attempted murder, and hit-and-run (on top of separate felony charges for allegedly taking a photographer's camera). Even though he made the announcement, Knight was reportedly told not to speak in court and muttered expletives in response.
The 49-year-old claims to have lost full sight in one eye, and roughly 85 percent in the other. His health is apparently deteriorating since being shot six times last year. Knight also said that he lost 35 pounds after the incident, and is receiving poor medical care in jail.
After explaining all his troubles, Knight was taken to a hospital yet again. The court did not say why he was hospitalized this time, but it may have something to do with blood clots brought on by the shooting.
Knight's lawyer, David Kenner, must not have received that alleged pink slip because he was in court alongside the former music mogul this morning. Kenner requested a bail hearing for his client, which has been set for March 9.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: Mark Boster-Pool/Getty Images)