Freak Accident Leaves 1-Year-Old Dead After Heavy Stove Horrifically Falls And Crushes Him

Stove and hood in modern kitchen

Freak Accident Leaves 1-Year-Old Dead After Heavy Stove Horrifically Falls And Crushes Him

A GoFundMe page for the family of Lukas Smith raised nearly $3,000.

Published June 26, 2018

Last month, a 1-year-old boy tragically died when a stove fell on top of him in Las Vegas, Nevada.

According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, baby Lukas Smith was trapped when the stove fell on him around 6:50 p.m. May 27, his mother told officials with the Metropolitan Police Department.

Smith was transported to the University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

According to the Clark County coroner’s office, Smith died of traumatic asphyxia and his death was ruled an accident.

A Clark County Division of Family Services report showed the organization had no prior history with Lukas or his family.

While no arrests were made, Smith’s other siblings were placed with his father while officials investigated, MPD spokesman Jay Rivera told reporters.

GoFundMe page was set up in his name to cover funeral and moving expenses. The page received $2,600 in donations before it was completed.

Written by Rachel Herron

(Photo: Julien McRoberts/Getty Images)

COMMENTS

Latest in news