Just two days after saying blackface on Halloween is not racist, Megyn Kelly is reportedly unlikely to return to her show at NBC, reported Page Six.
Earlier this week, Kelly held an all-white panel to discuss Halloween costumes and she said, “You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface for Halloween, or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween. Back when I was a kid, that was okay just as long as you were dressing as a character.”
Although the Fox News host apologized to her staff and then on-air, it still looks like the network isn’t sure about her future. On Thursday, the network aired a rerun of “Megyn Kelly Today” from Aug. 31, a move known to signal an imminent exit.
“Not being on air is the kiss of death!” a source told Page Six.
NBC has not come out to confirm Kelly’s dismissal and, according to a source, there are still “lots of balls still in the air.”
“She’s lawyered up, multi-year contract,” the insider added. “It’s complicated. Now is as good of time as any to get rid of her.”
Additionally, Hollywood agency CAA recently parted ways with Kelly, who has been their client since 2015.
While at Fox, Kelly also once said Sandra Bland would be alive if she had just complied with police orders and that the Department of Justice report finding racial bias in the police department at Ferguson, Missouri was not compelling, claiming "there are very few companies in America (where) you won't find racist emails."
Staffers of the Kelly's show have also revealed that the host brought in her own team of producers at the start of the season and they all created a "toxic" environment.
"If NBC is serious about fixing this place there are a few people that need to go with Megyn," an NBC source told the Daily Mail.
"If Megyn is leaving they better also be telling us that Jackie Levin is following her out the door," the insider said about the show's executive producer.
"This needs to be a joint departure as they have simultaneously created a toxic environment that needs to be wiped clean from NBC News forever," the source added.
(Photo: Nathan Congleton/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images)
TRENDING IN NEWS