All ten finalists will earn 5,000 Bonus Box Tops ($500) to the K-8 schools of their choice. The grand prize winner will earn 100,000 Bonus Box Tops ($10,000) for their local K-8 school, a $1,000 cash prize and trip to the Box Tops for Education Town Hall in January 2013! This could mean a playground, or maybe new computers for the lab. Don’t wait submit nominations today to show your appreciation for the people making a difference in your community!
How it Works
Phase 1.A – Nominations September 4 - September 27
1. Complete a nomination form on BET.com for the person you think is worthy of recognition as the 10 under 35 Hero!
· Why should your nominee be a 10 Under 35 Finalist (300 max character limit)* Please see the rules for nominee criteria
· Nominee Info (see entry field doc)
· BET and GMI officials will contact the top nominees (bi-weekly via email) starting 9/11 to request a personal video submission and additional information.
Phase 1.B – Nominee Video Submissions September 11 – October 10
2. Nominee uploads a video (3-4 min max) with the following information by 10/10:
• Nominees starts with their name and or how they’re best known in the community
• Description in of their self
• Shares a story on the impact they are making in the lives of students K-8 in their community
**The content of your video should be about you and your contributions, not about Box Tops for Education® or participating brands.**
Phase 2 – October 24 – November 16
3. Vote for your favorite 10 under 35 Hero starting 10/24
· Nominees may promote nomination through personal and social channels to increase support
Final Phase (3)
· Winner notified week of 11/19
· If your school is not enrolled in our Box Tops for Education program, your school can enroll by calling 1-888-799-2444 or visiting www.btfe.com.
About Box Tops for Education
America’s schools have earned more than $475 million through the Box Tops for Education® program since the program started in 1996, including more than $74 million during the 2011-2012 school year. More than 90,000 schools use that cash to purchase items such as computers, library books, art supplies and playground equipment. Schools can earn up to $20,000 by clipping Box Tops coupons from 240 products and can earn eBoxTops by shopping online through the Box Tops Marketplace.
Utilize your grocery list to earn cash for your child’s school. Simply buy the products; clip the coupons; send the coupons to school and earn cash for the things your school needs. Many participating brands such as Honey Nut Cheerios® cereal, Hamburger Helper® skillet meals and Cinnamon Toast Crunch® cereal are already household favorites. To learn more about Box Tops for Education and for a list of participating products, visit www.btfe.com.