Most Blacks Have European Ancestry

Most Blacks Have European Ancestry

Published December 18, 2008

If you think you’re 100 percent Black then you might want to think again.

New research from Harvard University’s School of Public Health confirms what many of us have always suspected or known.  The average Black American has about 80 percent African ancestry.  The other 20 percent is most likely White European.

The research, led by Harvard scientist Alkes L. Price, was based on variations of "gene expression."  Gene expression refers to the amount of proteins produced and stored in human cells. It is used to track, study  and forecast a number of biological and genetic outcomes in human beings and other organisms.

Most of the race mixing is believed to have occurred during slavery.

 Read further about the the study and its effects here.

Written by From Staff


Latest in news